Melvil Decimal System: 271.9209
Dewmoji: 🙏🏽 > 🔙 > ? > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Christian practice and observance
Christian pastoral practice and religious orders
Christian organization, social work, worship
History of Christianity
History of Christianity
Monastic Orders; Monasteries
Passionists, 1720; Redemptorists, 1732
Lesser Roman orders
Sisters of Charity; Vincent de Paul founded A.D. 1629
Sisters of Mercy; Augustinian founded A.D. 1831
Ladies of the Sacred Heart; Jesuit founded A.D. 1800
Sœurs de bon Secours; Nurses
Little Sisters of the Poor
Other Roman sisterhoods
Works under MDS 271.9209
- Mother Vincent Whitty by Sister Mary Xaverius O'Donoghue
- A Changing Order by Pauline O'Regan
- The labourers' friends: Sisters of Mercy in Victoria and Tasmania by Maree G Allen
- Under the Southern Cross: A History of Catholic Education in Victoria Park, 1899-1999. by Catherine Kovesi Killerby
- Women on the Move. Mercy's Triple Spiral. A History of the Adelaide Sisters of Mercy. by Anne McLay
- These women? : women religious in the history of Australia, the Sisters of Mercy, Parramatta 1888-1988 by Madeleine Sophie McGrath
- Ursula Frayne: A biography by Catherine Kovesi Killerby
- Mercy Women Making History, ( from the pen of Mother Vincent Whitty) by Ellen (Mother Vincent) WHITTY
- Women Out of Their Sphere. A History of the Sisters of Mercy in Wester= by Anne McLay
- Beyond our dreams : a century of the works of mercy in Queensland by Mary Xaverius O'Donoghue
- A Delicate Balance, pictures reflecting the living and working of the Sisters of Mercy, North Sydney 1865-1990 by Catherine M. and Thompson Doherty, Nola A.
- REMEMBERING YOUR MERCY. Mother Mary Cecilia Maher and the First Sisters of Mercy in New Zealand 1850-1880. by Marcienne D.: Kirk
- Women on the Move, Mercy's Triple Spiral by Anne McLay
- A Journey across the world. Sr. Philomena's Diary by Sr. Philomena Dwyer
- Through Catherine's Eyes. Stories of Mercy Ministries since Vatican 2
- That They may have Life, Life to the Full.Biographies of Deceased Sisters of Mercy of Gunnedah Congregation, 1896-2006 by Judith R.S.M. Carney
- Mercy Secondary Education, Victoria, Annual Report, 2010
- Mercy Given. Mercy Received by New Zealand Sisters of Mercy
- A Journey Through Light and Shadow. Sisters of mercy, Singleton 1875- 1995 by Colleen R.S.M. Kelly
- St. Mary's Mission, Kyneton. 150th. Anniversary by V.I. Ramsdale
- Divide and Share, The Story of the Sisters of Mercy, Dunedin.1897-1997 by Sr. Mary Stephanie Glen
- Walking Nuns. Mercy 150 years. Sisters of Mercy, Goulburn Congregation. Sesquicentenary.
- THE LABOURERS' FRIENDS - Sisters of Mercy in Victoria and Tasmania by Maree G Allen
- The Seventy-Fifth Anniversary of the Landing in New Zealand of the Sisters of Mercy 1850-1925
- Marce Makes the Difference, Institue of the Sisters of Mercy Australia
- A Century of Mater Care. 1906-2006 by Maria Richards, Editor
- 150 years Mercy Milbourne. Celebrating 150 years.
- Gracious is the Time. 1850 centenary of the Sisters of mercy, Auckland by Sr. M. Veronica Delaney
- Mercy makes the difference. Mercy Australia.
- Great ladies Series, Vol.1,2 by Sr. M. Raphael Shoveller Editors: Sr. Margaret Barry, Sr. M. Joseph Wightley
- The Gem of the Diocese. Sisters of Mercy, Tasmania by Dawn Murray
- No half measures. The Sisters of mercy, Wellington by R.S.M. Mary de Porres Flannigan
- 75 years of Tender Loving Care. A History of the Newcastle Mater Misericordia Hospital. by Betty Capper
- The Mercy Way at Deloraine Tasmania,1895- 1995 by Maureen Bennett
- Gathering up the Threads. A Publication of the Sisters of Mercy - Bathurst Congregation
- The Mercy Ministry in Burnie. A Brief Account of the life and work of the Sisters of Mercy in Burnie over the hundred years since their arrival in 1 900 by Henry Catchpole
- Mother Mary Patricia O'Neill by O'Brien. Sister Mary Mildred
- Mater's 100 Stories. Brisbane Sisters of Mercy
- catherine McAuley, Mersi Sista. Sisters of Mercy, Papua, New Guinea by Sr. Ursula Gilbert
- For the Sake of the Mission by R.S.M. and O'Toole Jean R.S.M. Gabrielle Jennings
- The Quality of Mercy.The Story of the Sisters of Mercy in Central Queensland by Sr. M. Christina
- History of the Guam Mercy Community by Sisters of Mercy
- A Woman of Mercy, Ursula Frayne, Teacher text by Anne Walsh
- The Steadfast Woman by Katherine E. Bellamy
- Mercy, mater & Me. A Memoir by Sr. Angela Mary
- Mercy from generation to generation by Sr. Mary Anselm R.S.m. Gaudry
- History of Lettercollum House by Brisbane. Sisters of Mercy
- Centenary Sisters of Mercy Warrnambool 1872-1972
- Sisters of Mercy: The Walking Nuns Siouxland Journey and Experiences in Nursing (1890 - 1965) Ph.D Dissertation by Diane L Smith
- Mapping the Whirlwind. Syncopations in the life of a woman religious. by Paula M. Smith
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.