Melvil Decimal System: 282.77
Dewmoji: 🙏🏽 > ☦ > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Christian practice and observance
Christian pastoral practice and religious orders
Christian organization, social work, worship
History of Christianity
Christian Churches and Sects
Primitive and Eastern churches
Anglican and Episcopal
Presbyterian; Reformed; Congregational
Unitarian Universalist (no longer used)
Other Christian sects
In North America
In South America
In the Pacific
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 282.77
- Selected Works of Joseph Cardinal Bernardin: Homilies and Teaching Documents by Joseph Bernardin
- Worship and work : Saint John's Abbey and University, 1856-1980 by Colman James Barry
- Without A Doubt: Bringing Faith to Life by Thomas J. Tobin
- THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE DIOCESE OF ST. PAUL: From Earliest Origin to Centennial Achievement. by James Michael Reardon
- Free to be nothing by Rev. Edward J. Farrell
- Caritas Christi urget nos : a history of the offices, agencies, and institutions of the Archdiocese of Chicago by (Rev. Msgr.) Harry C. Koenig
- Catholicism, Chicago Style (Campion Book) by Ellen Skerrett
- The Catholic Church in Detroit, 1701-1888 by George Paré
- The Old Cathedral by Gregory M. Franzwa
- The People Parish: A Model of Church Where People Flourish by Gerald J. Kleba
- A history of the parishes of the Archdiocese of Chicago : published in observance of Centenary of the Archdiocese, 1980 by Catholic Church
- Selected Works of Joseph Cardinal Bernardin: Church and Society by Joseph Bernardin
- Power and authority in the Catholic Church : Cardinal Cody in Chicago by Charles W. Dahm
- Dream by the River: Two Centuries of Saint Louis Catholicism, 1766-1997 by William Barnaby Faherty
- Leaven: Canticle for a Changing Parish by Harvey Egan
- Seasons of grace : a history of the Catholic Archdiocese of Detroit by Leslie Woodcock Tentler
- Faith and Action: A History of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, 1821-1996 by Roger A. Fortin
- Gather us in: A history of the parishes of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis by Scott Wright
- Frontiers of Faith: Bringing Catholicism to the West in the Early Republic by John R. Dichtl
- Bending the rules : what American priests tell American Catholics / by Jim Bowman
- The Story of the Old Cathedral, Parish of St. Louis IX, King of France, St. Louis, Missouri by Rev. E. H. Behrmann
- Chicago's Catholics: The Evolution of An American Identity by Charles Shanabruch
- An Irrepressible Hope by Claire Bushey
- The Sacred Heart Story Grand Rapids, MI by Eduard Adam Skendzel
- Come to the Water : The Diocese of Springfield in Illinois, 1853-2003 : A Sesquicentennial History by Susan Karina Dickey
- Selected works of Joseph Cardinal Bernardin by Joseph Louis Bernardin
- Faith and Fatherland: The Polish Church War in Wisconsin, 1896-1918 (Notre Dame Studies in American Catholicism) by Anthony J. Kuzniewski
- Holy Family Parish, Chicago: priests and people by Thomas M Mulkerins
- Centennial essays for the Milwaukee archdiocese, 1843-1943 by Peter Leo Johnson
- Immaculate Conception Church: Photo Book 1985 by Texas Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Corsicana
- In the Richness of the Earth: A History of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, 1843-1958 (Urban Life Series) by Steven M. Avella
- Pilgrims of hope: The people of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland and Bishop Anthony M. Pilla reflect on 25 years together
- The prayer of St. Hyacinth Parish, Detroit, Michigan (Poletown) by Michael A. Krolewski
- Love in the Holy Quran by Ghazi bin Muhammad bin Talal
- St. Aloysius Church: The Old And The New by John M. Doyle
- The Catholic Church in Fort Wayne by Public Library of Fort Wayne and Allen County.
- In God's Own Time: St. Francis de Sales Parish, Muskegon, Michigan : A Christian Community in Worship and Service, 1948-1998 by Mona Schwind
- Chicago Catholics and the Struggles within Their Church by Andrew M. Greeley
- The Catholic heritage of Saint Louis: a history of the Old Cathedral parish, St. Louis, Mo by Paul C. Schulte
- 100 years by Ill.) Cathedral of the Holy Name (Chicago
- Michigan Catholicism in the era of the Civil War by Frederic H. Hayes
- Bethlehem in Faribault, Jubilee Year by Bethlehem Academy
- Madonna della Strada Chapel, Loyola University : an apostolate of love by James J. Mertz
- The story of Park Congregational Church and its windows: Grand Rapids, Mich., 1916 by Loraine Pratt Immen
- Mayflower Congregational Church, the first 25 years: 1958-83 by Susan B Lovell
- A People: 100 years by Jean Jagelewski
- A History of the Lake Drive Baptist Church, East Grand Rapids, Michigan by Grace Knoll
- Pilgrims to the Northland: The Archdiocese of St. Paul, 1840-1962 by Marvin R. O'Connell
- The Catholic Church in Detroit, 1701-1888 by George Paré
- Amid Hills of Granite, A Spring of Faith : A History of Saint Boniface Parish, Cold Spring, Minnesota, 1878-1978
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.