Melvil Decimal System: 338.83
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🐂 > 🏭 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Capital; Labor; Wages
Of Land & Natural Resources
Socialism; Communism; Fascism; Anarchism
Public Finance & Taxation
Protection and Free Trade
Macroeconomics, Wealth Inequality, etc.
Water products; Fish, ice, etc.
Manufactured products; Machinery in industry
Economic Development And Growh
Works under MDS 338.83
- Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco by Bryan Burrough
- Big Deal: Mergers and Acquisitions in the Digital Age by Bruce Wasserstein
- King of Capital: The Remarkable Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of Steve Schwarzman and Blackstone by David Carey
- Merchants of Debt: KKR and the Mortgaging of American Business by George Anders
- Taken for a Ride: How Daimler-Benz Drove Off With Chrysler by Bill Vlasic
- Dethroning the King: The Hostile Takeover of Anheuser-Busch, an American Icon by Julie MacIntosh
- The New Financial Capitalists: Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and the Creation of Corporate Value by George P. Baker
- Gods at War: Shotgun Takeovers, Government by Deal, and the Private Equity Implosion by Steven M. Davidoff
- The Synergy Trap by Mark L. Sirower
- Irreconcilable Differences: Ross Perot Versus General Motors by Doron P. Levin
- All the Right Enemies: The Life and Murder of Carlo Tresca by Dorothy Gallagher
- The Great Merger Movement in American Business, 1895-1904 by Naomi R. Lamoreaux
- Deals of the Century: Wall Street, Mergers, and the Making of Modern America by Charles R. Geisst
- Takeovers, Restructuring, and Corporate Governance by J. Fred Weston
- King Icahn: The Biography of a Renegade Capitalist by Mark Stevens
- Oil and Honor by Thomas Petzinger
- The Rain on Macy's Parade: How Greed, Ambition and Folly Ruined America's Greatest Store by Jeffrey A. Trachtenberg
- Inside Cisco: The Real Story of Sustained M&A Growth by Ed Paulson
- True Greed by Hope Lampert
- Three Plus One Equals Billions: The Bendix-Martin Marietta War by Allan Sloan
- Mergers, Restructuring and Corporate Control by J. Fred Weston
- Corporate cannibals : the taking of Fairfax by Colleen Ryan
- The Great Lobster War by Ronald P. Formisano
- Japanese Takeovers: The Global Contest for Corporate Control by W. Carl Kester
- The Titans of Takeover by Robert Slater
- Reverse Engineering Deals on Wall Street with Microsoft Excel: A Step-by-Step Guide (Wiley Finance) by Keith A. Allman
- Till Death Do Us Part: Bendix Vs. Martin Marietta by Hope Lampert
- Mergers: Growth in the Fast Lane - A Field Manual for Management by Price Pritchett
- Mergers and Acquisitions by Lucius Parhelion
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Current Issues (Finance and Capital Markets) by Greg N. Gregoriou
- The Takeover Game by John Brooks
- M&A Titans: The Pioneers Who Shaped Wall Street's Mergers and Acquisitions Industry by Brett Cole
- End of the Road: BMW and Rover - A Brand Too Far by Christopher Brady
- How to Value, Buy, or Sell a Financial Advisory Practice: A Manual on Mergers, Acquisitions, and Transition Planning by Mark C. Tibergien
- Board Games: The Changing Shape of Corporate Power by Arthur Fleischer
- Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences (National Bureau of Economic Research Project Report) by Alan J. Auerbach
- The workings of a watchdog by Henry Bosch
- Tender Offer by Dorman L. Commons
- Autopsy of a Merger by William Miller Owen
- The Feel of the Deal: How I Built a Business Through Acquisitions by Robert Sher
- Knights, Raiders, and Targets: The Impact of the Hostile Takeover by John C. Coffee Jr.
- Corporate Cannibals: the Taking of Fairfax by Glenn Burge
- Tender Offer: The Sneak Attack in Corporate Takeovers by Dorman A. Commons
- Merger movements in American industry, 1895-1956 by Ralph L. Nelson
- Following the Money: The Inside Story of Accounting's First Mega-Merger by Samuel A. Cypert
- Company Acquisitions Handbook
- Takeover Game (Truman Talley Books/a Twentieth Century Fund Book) by John Brooks
- The Art of Distressed M&A: Buying, Selling, and Financing Troubled and Insolvent Companies (Art of M&A) by H. Peter Nesvold
- Mergers ,Acquisitions, And Leveraged Buyouts (Volume IV of the Library of Investment Banking ) by Robert Lawrence Kuhn
- Merging Traffic: The Consolidation of the International Automobile Industry by John A. C. Conybeare
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.