Melvil Decimal System: 346.7110
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > 🤫 > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Codes; Revised statutes
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Works under MDS 346.7110
- Colonialism on trial: Indigenous land rights and the Gitksan and Wet'suwet'en sovereignty case by Don Monet
- Eagle Down Is Our Law: Witsuwit'En Law, Feasts, and Land Claims by Antonia Mills
- Delgamuukw : the Supreme Court of Canada decision on aboriginal title by Stan Persky
- The Pleasure of the Crown: Anthropology, Law and First Nations by Dara Culhane
- The world is our witness : the historic journey of the Nisga'a into Canada by Tom Molloy
- After Native Claims: The Implications of Comprehensive Claims Settlement for Natural Resources in British Columbia by Frank Cassidy
- The spirit in the land: Statements of the Gitksan and Wet'suwet'en hereditary chiefs in the Supreme Court of British Col by Gisday Wa
- Landing Native Fisheries: Indian Reserves and Fishing Rights in British Columbia, 1849-1925 (Law and Society) by Douglas C. Harris
- Wills for British Columbia : how to make your own will by Steven G. Wong
- Report on deeds and seals by Law Reform Commission of Canada.
- The Georgia Straight: What the Hell Happened by Naomi Pauls
- Aboriginal Title in British Columbia : Delgamuukw v. The Queen - Proceedings of a conference held September 10 & 11, 1991 by Frank Cassidy
- Without Surrender, Without Consent: A History of the Nishga Land Claims by Daniel Raunet
- For Future Generations: Reconciling Gitxsan and Canadian Law by Dawn P. Mills
- Aboriginal Fishing Rights: Laws, Courts, Politics by Parnesh Sharma
- Spirit dance at Meziadin : Chief Joseph Gosnell and the Nisga'a treaty by Alex Rose
- The Nisga'a treaty : polling dynamics and political communication in comparative context by J. Rick Ponting
- McCarthy Tétrault's annotated British Columbia Strata Property Act by Scott D. Smythe
- British Columbia motor vehicle accident claims practice manual by Michael W. Biggs
- British Columbia Personal Property Security Act handbook, 4th ed. by Ronald C. C. Cuming
- Annotated British Columbia Occupiers Liability Act by Eric Wagner
- Defending personal injury, 2009 update : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Defending personal injury 2009, held in Vancouver, BC, on October 15, 2009 by Robert C. Brun
- Personal injury conference, 2005 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Personal injury conference 2005, held in Vancouver, B.C. on May 27, 2005 by Catherine A. Ryan
- Defending personal injury : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Defending personal injury 2006, held in Vancouver, B.C. on March 10, 2006 by Lance Finch
- Personal injury and commercial host liability : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Personal injury and commercial host liabilty, held in Vancouver, B.C. on October 14, 2005 by E. James McNeney
- Personal injury conference, 2006 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education conference, Personal Injury Conference 2006, held in Vancouver, B.C. on June 2, 2006 by Jan L. Lindsay
- The Carriers of No: After the Land Claims Trial (Discussions on Law) by Leslie Hall Pinder
- Probate guide for British Columbia by Constance Mungall
- British Columbia strata property practice manual by Allyson L. Baker
- Family law advanced issues : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Advanced family law issues, held in Vancouver, B.C. on November 13, 2003 by Paul Daltrop
- Occupier's liability, 2000 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Occupiers' and social host liability update 2000, held in Vancouver, B.C. on December 8, 2000 by Continuing Legal Education Society of British Colu
- Personal injury conference, 2003 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Personal Injury Conference 2003, held in Vancouver, B.C. on May 2, 2003 by Grant D. Burnyeat
- Commercial leasing : structuring & managing lease relationships : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Commercial leasing: structuring & managing lease relationships in a recession, held in Vancouver, BC, on June 11, 2009 by Peter J. Anderson
- British Columbia Probate Kit by Mary-Jane Wilson
- Desk order divorce : an annotated guide by Bruce M. Preston
- Personal injury for legal support staff, 2001 update : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Personal injury for legal support staff, held in Vancouver, B.C. on December 4, 2001 by Jasbir Bains
- Leaky condo : the new regulations : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Leaky condos, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 5, 1999 by Joost Blom
- Leaky condos - 2000 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Leaky condos II, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 3, 2000 by Derek A. Brindle
- British Columbia probate and estate administration practice manual, 2nd ed.
- Adult guardianship, new legislation : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Understanding the new adult guardianship legislation, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 11 & 18, 2000 by Hugh S. McLellan
- Personal injury conference, 2009 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education conference, Personal injury conference 2009, held in Vancouver, BC, on June 19, 2009 by Jan L. Lindsay
- Reaching Just Settlements: Land Claims in British Columbia Proceedings of a Conference Held February 21-22, 1990 by Frank Cassidy
- Colonialism on Trial: Indigenous Land Rights and the Gitksan and Wet'Suwet'En Sovereignty Case by Don Monet
- Wills, Estates and Succession Act transition guide by James D. Baird
- Annotated British Columbia Builders Lien Act, 2007-2008 by David A. Garner
- Experts in personal injury cases : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Personal Injury Cases: Winning with Experts, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 7, 2003 by Peter D. Lowry
- Aboriginal law conference, 2001 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, 2nd Annual Aboriginal Law Conference, held in Vancouver, B.C. on March 9, 2001 by W. Graham Allen
- 'Hang on to these words' : Johnny David's Delgamuukw evidence by Antonia Mills
- Estate litigation basics for lawyers : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Estate litigation basics for lawyers, held in Vancouver, BC, on November 7, 2008 by Shelagh Scarth
- British Columbia builders liens practice manual by Jonathan Vogt
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.