Melvil Decimal System: 347.9
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > 🏛 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Persons; Legal capacity
Civil trials [No Longer Used]
Pleading [No Longer Used]
Organization of the courts [No Longer Used]
Jurisdictions [No Longer Used]
History of special courts [No Longer Used]
Works under MDS 347.9
- William Howard Taft, Chief Justice by Alpheus Thomas Mason
- Franklin D. Roosevelt and the Supreme Court by Alfred Haines Cope
- Rough justice : unanswered questions from the Australian courts by Robin Bowles
- Justice on trial; the case of Louis D. Brandeis by A. L. Todd
- Tides of justice: The Supreme Court and the Constitution in our time by Robert A. Liston
- The common law tradition : deciding appeals by Karl N. Llewellyn
- The end of innocence : the remarkable true story of one woman's fight for justice by Estelle Blackburn
- The Supreme Court in the American system of government by Robert Houghwout Jackson
- John Marshall, the man who made the Court supreme by Bill Severn
- Nine men; a political history of the Supreme Court from 1790 to 1955 by Fred Rodell
- English Justice Between the Norman Conquest and the Great Charter, 1066-1215 by Doris M. Stenton
- Mediation : principles, process, practice by Laurence Boulle
- Judging Democracy: The New Politics of the High Court of Australia (Reshaping Australian Institutions) by Haig Patapan
- Warren, the man, the court, the era by John D. Weaver
- The Supreme Court of the United States, its business, purposes and performance by Paul Abraham Freund
- Judicial Review of Administrative Action by M. I. Aronson
- Justice in Moscow by George Feifer
- The 5th amendment today; three speeches by Erwin N. Griswold
- Teoria Geral do Processo by Ada Pe Antonio Carlos de Araújo; GRINOVER CINTRA
- Mr. Justice Murphy: A Political Biography by Jr. J. W. Howard
- Officium vicecomitum : the office and authoritie of sherifs : written for the better incouragement of the gentrie (vpon whom the burthen of this office lyeth) to keepe their office, and undersherife, in their houses : that so by their continuall care of the businesse, and eye ouer their officers, they may the better discharge their dutie to God, their prince, and countrey, in the execution of this their office by Michael Dalton
- On Trial; the Soviet state Versus "Abram Tertz" and "Nikolai Arzhak". by Max Hayward
- Uniform Evidence Law by Stephen Odgers
- The Australian Judiciary by Enid Campbell
- Tales from the Courts by Graham L. Fricke
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.