Melvil Decimal System: 746.432
Dewmoji: 🎨 > ✏ > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Drawing; Decoration; Design
Amusements and Recreation
Art Antatomy; Life School
Decorative Art And Design
Stained and Iridecent Glass
Artistic Furniture; Fireplaces; Frames, etc.
Dyeing, Fabric Painting
Works under MDS 746.432
2,232 results. First 2,000 shown.
- Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook by Debbie Stoller
- Stitch 'n Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller
- Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Knitter's almanac by Elizabeth Zimmermann
- Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters' Guide: Stories, Patterns, Advice, Opinions, Questions, Answers, Jokes, and P by Kay Gardiner
- At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book by Vogue Knitting Magazine Editors
- The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie M. Wiseman
- Sensational knitted socks by Charlene Schurch
- The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask by Margaret Radcliffe
- Scarf Style: Innovative to Traditional, 31 Inspirational Styles to Knit and Crochet by Pam Allen
- The Handknitter's Handbook by Montse Stanley
- Knitting on the Edge: Ribs, Ruffles, Lace, Fringes, Floral, Points & Picots: The Essential Collection of 350 Decorative Borders by Nicky Epstein
- Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
- The Knitter's Companion by Vicki Square
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Knitting Vintage Socks: New Twists on Classic Patterns by Nancy Bush
- Folk Socks: The History & Techniques of Handknitted Footwear by Nancy Bush
- The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes & Gauges by Ann Budd
- The Knit Stitch by Sally Melville
- One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit or Crochet by Leigh Radford
- Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle
- Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave by Ann Budd
- Weekend Knitting: 50 Unique Projects and Ideas by Melanie Falick
- Knitting on the Road: Sock Patterns for the Traveling Knitter by Nancy Bush
- Knitting in Plain English by Maggie Righetti
- The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes & Gauges by Ann Budd
- Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 1: Knit & Purl by Trisha Malcolm
- Knitting Over The Edge: Unique Ribs, Cords, Appliques, Colors, Nouveau by Nicky Epstein
- The Celtic collection : twenty-five knitwear designs for men and women by Alice Starmore
- Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting by Alice Starmore
- The Purl Stitch by Sally Melville
- One-Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn-Shop Favorites by Judith Durant
- Big Book of Knitting by Katharina Buss
- The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook: Dyeing, Painting, Spinning, Designing, Knitting by Lynne Vogel
- Socks Socks Socks: 70 Winning Patterns From Knitter's Magazine Sock Contest by Elaine Rowley
- Fitted Knits: 25 Designs for the Fashionable Knitter by Stefanie Japel
- Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter by Alison Hansel
- Things I Learned From Knitting (Whether I Wanted To or Not) by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Knitting for Dummies by Pam Allen
- New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One by Cat Bordhi
- Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 2: Cables by Vogue Knitting International
- Knitting Nature: 39 Designs Inspired by Patterns in Nature by Norah Gaughan
- Viking Patterns for Knitting: Inspiration and Projects for Today's Knitter by Elsebeth Lavold
- Handknit Holidays: Knitting Year-Round for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Winter Solstice by Melanie Falick
- Free-Range Knitter: The Yarn Harlot Writes Again by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Color by Sally Melville
- Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore
- Big Girl Knits : 25 Big, Bold Projects Shaped for Real Women with Real Curves by Jill Moreno
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.