Melvil Decimal System: 912.77
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 📍 > 🌽 > 🌽
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Atlases of the World
Atlases of the Ancient World
Atlases of Europe
Atlases of the Middle East and Asia
Atlases of Africa
Atlases of North America
Atlases of Latin America and South America
Atlases of Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 912.77
- Illinois Atlas & Gazetteer by DeLorme Publishing
- Michigan Atlas & Gazetteer by DeLorme Mapping Company
- Trail Atlas of Michigan: Nature, Mountain Biking, Hiking Cross Country Skiing (Maps & Atlases) by Dennis R. Hansen
- Atlas of Michigan by Lawrence M. Sommers
- Illustrated Historical Atlas of the State of Iowa 1875 by A. T. Andreas
- The Atlas of Wisconsin: General Maps and Gazetteer by Arthur H. Robinson
- Rand McNally StreetFinder Map: St. Louis by Rand McNally and Company
- Early maps of the Ohio Valley; a selection of maps, plans, and views made by Indians and colonials from 1673 to 1783 by Lloyd Arnold Brown
- Chicago Tribune 6 county atlas by Creative Sales Corp.
- Minnesota in Maps: A Trailblazer Atlas by Connie Sansome
- Atlas of Washington County, Ohio. From actual surveys ... To which is added a township map of the state of Ohio also an outline & railroad map of the United States by D. J Lake
- Illustrated Historical Atlas of the State of Iowa: 1875 by A. T. Andreas
- Official street atlas of Canton, Stark and Wayne counties by Commercial Survey Company
- Hudsons street atlas of the greater Twin City metropolitan area by Hudson Map Company.
- The Centennial Atlas of Athens County, Ohio by Fred W. Bush
- Wisconsin county maps : a guide to fun in Wisconsin by Clarkson Map Co.,
- Ohio's Bicycle Trails by Ray Hoven
- Vincent Atlas of Minnesota by Lois Watne
- EVERY NAME INDEX TO THE 1886 PLAT BOOK OF FARIBAULT COUNTY, MINNESOTA with Reprints of Selected Maps by Arthur Louis Finnell
- Indiana in Maps: A Geographic Perspective of the Hoosier State by Jeffrey S. Wilson
- Atlas of Michigan, 1873 by Henry Francis Walling
- Index for the 1877 illustrated historical atlas of Jackson County, Missouri by Annette Wegner Curtis
- Maps of Illinois counties in 1876, together with the plat of Chicago and other cities and a sampling of illustratio
- Dayton Street Guide: including Springfield and Middletown by Rand McNally and Company.,
- Family maps of Franklin County, Illinois : with homesteads, roads, waterways, towns, cemeteries, railroads, and more by Gregory A. Boyd
- Atlases of Dekalb County, Illinois
- Atlas of Historical County Boundaries Iowa by John H. Long
- Family Maps of Williamson County, Illinois by Gregory A. Boyd
- Family Maps of Racine County, Wisconsin by Gregory A. Boyd
- An atlas of Wisconsin by Charles W. Collins
- Official street atlas of Lake and Geauga counties by Commercial Survey Company
- Rand McNally StreetFinder Map: South Bend / Elkhart by Rand McNally and Company
- The Marquette iron-bearing district of Michigan, with atlas by Charles Richard Van Hise
- Wood County, Ohio atlas : landowner maps 1871 & 1858, tract book 1830-1850, road & river tracts, canal land purchases
- Chicago & Cook County Streetfinder/Metro Street Atlas (Rand Mcnally Chicago and Cook County Street Guide) by Rand McNally
- Standard Atlas of Kent County Michigan: Including a plat book of the cities , villages and townships of the county by George Ogle
- Rand McNally StreetFinder Map: Cleveland by Rand McNally
- Atlas of Minnesota resources & settlement by John B. Borchert
- Caldwell's Atlas of Wayne County Ohio by J. A Caldwell
- Wunnenberg's Metro-West, St. Louis: City and County Street Guide
- The Heckewelder map, 1796 by Mildred M. Walmsley
- Franklin County, Ohio wall maps for 1842, 1856, & 1883 : printed one township per page ; and, Caldwell's atlas of 1872 : plus a consolidated index for the wall maps and the 1872 atlas by Emily Smith Garner
- Maps of Illinois counties in 1876, together with the plat of Chicago and other cities and a sampling of illustrations by Warner & Beers
- 1899 plat-index of Effingham County, Illinois township and towns by Arnetia Osborn
- Rock County, Wisconsin, 2000 plat book
- Plat book of Waukesha county, Wisconsin by Charles M. Foote
- Atlas of Iowa by W. W. Hixson & Co.
- An atlas of early maps of the American Midwest by W. Raymond Wood
- Atlas of Cuyahoga county, Ohio : from actual surveys by and under the directions of D. J. Lake, C. E by D. J Lake
- A Record of land owners in Pope County, Illinois in the early 1900's : Plat maps with more than 2,000 listings by Ronald L. Nelson
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.