Melvil Decimal System: 917.4704
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🗽 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New York State
New York City
Works under MDS 917.4704
- Invisible Frontier: Exploring the Tunnels, Ruins, and Rooftops of Hidden New York by L.B. Deyo
- Field Guide to the Natural World of New York City by Leslie Day
- Frommer's Complete Guide: New York State by Neil E. Schlecht
- New York by Doris Chevron
- A Brief Description of New York by Daniel Denton
- A Journey into Mohawk and Oneida Country, 1634-1635: The Journal of Harmen Meyndertsz Van Den Bogaert by Harmen Meyndertsz van den Bogaert
- Exploring Historic Dutch New York: New York City * Hudson Valley * New Jersey * Delaware by Gajus Scheltema
- Fodor's New York State by Fodor's
- New York Walk Book: A Companion to the New Jersey Walk Book by Robert L. Dickinson
- 111 Places in New York That You Must Not Miss by Jo-Anne Elikann
- New York Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat Stuff (Curiosities Series) by Cindy Perman
- New York Walk Book: A Companion to the New Jersey Walk Book by Daniel D. Chazin
- Country Roads of New York (Country Roads Of...) by Deborah Williams
- Favorite Short Trips in New York State (Yankee Magazine Guidebook) by Harriet Webster
- Trails with Tales: History Hikes through the Capital Region, Saratoga, Berkshires, Catskills & Hudson Valley by Russell Dunn
- Cycling Along The Canals of New York: 500 Miles of Bike Riding along the Erie, Champlain, Cayuga-Seneca, and Oswego Can by Louis Rossi
- Winter Trails New York: The Best Cross-Country Ski & Snowshoe Trails (Winter Trails Series) by Ron Farra
- New York - New Jersey: Mobil Travel Guide by Consumer Guide
- Travels in Pensilvania and Canada by John Bartram
- Backroads of New York: Your Guide to New York's Most Scenic Backroad Adventures (Backroads of ...) by Kim Knox Beckius
- Upstate New York Off the Beaten Path: A Guide to Unique Places (Off the Beaten Path Series) by Susan Finch
- Natural Wonders of New York: A Guide to Parks, Preserves & Wild Places by Deborah Williams
- 52 New York Weekends (52 Weekends) by Michael A. Schuman
- Country Towns of New York by Bill Kauffman
- Quick escapes from New York City : 25 weekend trips from the Big Apple by Susan Farewell
- Vacations in New York State: Including New York City, Hudson Valley, Saratoga, Niagara Falls (Fodor's Vacations in New Y by Fodor's
- Quick Escapes from New York City: 25 Weekend Trips from the Big Apple (Quick Escapes New York City: 31 Weekend Trips from the Big Apple) by Susan Farewell
- New York State: Travel-Smart Trip Planner (New York State Travel-Smart, 1st ed) by Deborah Williams
- New York State
- New York State's Special Places: Day Trips, Weekends, and Outings in the Empire State by Michael Schuman
- The Journals of Christian Daniel Claus and Conrad Weiser: A Journey to Onondaga, 1750 (Transactions of the American Philosophical Society) by Daniel Claus
- Dog-Friendly New York: A Complete Guide to New York City and the Empire State by Trisha Blanchet
- New York Waterfalls: A Guide for Hikers & Photographers by Scott E. Brown
- New York City Handbook by Christiane Bird
- Fun with the family. Upstate New York by Mary Lynn Blanks
- Cruising Guide To New York Waterways And Lake Champlain (Cruising Guide to New York Waterways & Lake Champlain) by Chris W Brown III
- Crown Insiders' Guide to New York City & State by Pat Brooks
- Tourbook guide. New York
- New York and New Jersey (New York & New Jersey) by Barbara Sinotte
- Tourbook. New York
- Quick Escapes New York City, 7th: Getaways from the Big Apple (Quick Escapes Series) by Susan Farewell
- New York by Hector Feliciano
- Images of New York
- The navigators : a journal of passage on the inland waterways of New York 1793 by Philip L. Lord
- New York by Touring Club Italiano
- The rough guide to New York by Martin Dunford
- New York State by Louisa Campbell
- Sotto le torri di Manhattan: mappe, nomi, storie, luoghi by Mario Maffi
- Route 28: A Mile by Mile Guide to New York's Adventure Route by Rob Scharpf
- Manhattan by Francesco Di Molfetta
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.