Melvil Decimal System: 917.9504
Dewmoji: 🗿 > ⚓ > 🌽 > 🏄 > 👣 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Geography and Travels
Maps and Atlases
Ancient World -- Antiquties And Archaeology
Pacific and Polar Regions
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 917.9504
- Pacific Northwest (Eyewitness Travel Guide) by Stephen Brewer
- A Waterfall Lover's Guide to the Pacific Northwest: Where to Find Hundreds of Spectacular Waterfalls in Washington, Oregon and Idaho by Gregory Alan Plumb
- Lonely Planet Pacific Northwest by Bill McRae
- Cascade Alpine Guide Climbing And High Routes, Vol. 1: Columbia River to Stevens Pass by Fred Beckey
- AAA TourBook Oregon and Washington by AAA
- Exploring Oregon's Wild Areas: A Guide for Hikers, Backpackers, Xc Skiers and Paddlers by William L. Sullivan
- Cascade Alpine Guide Climbing And High Routes, Vol. 2: Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass by Fred Beckey
- Oregon for the Curious by Ralph Friedman
- Compass American Guides: Oregon by Judy Jewell
- The Rough Guide to The Pacific Northwest by Tim Jepson
- Cascade Alpine Guide Climbing And High Routes, Vol. 3: Rainy Pass to Fraser River by Fred Beckey
- Stepping Westward: The Long Search for Home in the Pacific Northwest by Sallie Tisdale
- Morning of Fire by Scott Ridley
- Traveling the Oregon Trail by Julie Fanselow
- Roadside History of Oregon by Bill Gulick
- Hiking Oregon's History : The Stories Behind Historic Places You Can Walk to See by William L. Sullivan
- Hiking Hot Springs in the Pacific Northwest, 4th (Regional Hiking Series) by Evie Litton
- Weekends for Two Pacific NW by Bill Gleeson
- Narrative of a Journey Across the Rocky Mountains, to the Columbia River, and a Visit to the Sandwich Islands, Chile, etc., With a Scientific Appendix. by John Kirk Townsend
- The Sierra Club Guides to the National Parks of the Pacific Northwest and Alaska by John Perry
- National Geographic Guide to America's Outdoors: Pacific Northwest by Robert S. Devine
- National Geographic's Driving Guides to America: Pacific Northwest - Oregon, Washington, and Alaska by National Geographic
- Back Roads of Oregon by Earl Thollander
- In Search of Western Oregon by Ralph Friedman
- West Coast Journeys: 1865-1879 The Travelogue of a Remarkable Woman by Caroline C. Leighton
- Quick Escapes in the Pacific Northwest: 40 Weekend Trips from Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver, B.C. by Marilyn McFarlane
- Ghost Towns of the Pacific Northwest: Your Guide to Ghost Towns, Mining Camps, and Historic Forts of Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia by Philip Varney
- Driving the Pacific Coast Oregon and Washington, 4th: Scenic Driving Tours along Coastal Highways by Kenn Oberrecht
- Moon Handbooks Coastal Oregon by Elizabeth Morris
- Oregon Coastal Access Guide: A Mile-By-Mile Guide to Scenic and Recreational Attractions by Kenn Oberrecht
- Atomic Marbles and Branding Irons: Museums, Collections, and Curiosities in Washington and Oregon by Harriet Baskas
- A Range of Glaciers: The Exploration and Survey of the Northern Cascade Range by Fred W. Beckey
- Driving the Pacific Coast Oregon and Washington, 6th (Driving the Pacific Coast Oregon & Washington) by Kathy Strong
- Scenic Driving Oregon by Tom Barr
- Oregon's Dry Side: Exploring East of the Cascade Crest by Alan D. St. John
- Uncle Mike's Guide to the Real Oregon Coast by Michael Burgess
- Field Guide to Mysterious Places of the Pacific Coast (Field Guide to Mysterious Places Series) by Salvatore Michael Trento
- Short Trips In The Pacific Northwest: 52 Weekend Destinations from Seattle and Portland by Barry Anderson
- Northwest Coast: Essays and Images from the Columbia River to the Cook Inlet by Bradford Matsen
- 75 Hikes in the Oregon's Coast Range and Siskiyous by Rhonda Ostertag
- Beautiful America's Oregon (Beautiful America (Paperback)) by Linda Stirling
- Columbia's River: The Voyages of Robert Gray, 1787-1793 by J. Richard Nokes
- Pacific Coast Highway : Traveler's Guide (Photographic Tour) by Tom Snyder
- Longstreet Highroad Guide to the Northwest Coast (Longstreet Highroad Coastal Guide Series) by Allan May
- Fodor's Gay Guide to the Pacific Northwest, 1st Edition by Andrew Collins
- Exploring the North Coast by Jonathan Franks
- Paddle Routes of the Inland Northwest by Rich Landers
- The Coast of Oregon by Peter Jensen
- Oregon River Tours by John Garren
- Vancouver's Voyage: Charting the Northwest Coast, 1791-1795 by Robin Fisher
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.