Melvil Decimal System: 971.33
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🇨🇦 > 🏙 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New Brunswick and Atlantic Provinces
Nova Scotia and Acadia
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador
Works under MDS 971.33
- Queen of the Falls by Chris Van Allsburg
- Niagara by Pierre Berton
- Niagara Falls (Wonders of America) by Marion Dane Bauer
- The Second Greatest Disappointment by Karen Dubinsky
- Niagara and the Daredevils by Philip Mason
- The Capital years : Niagara-on-the Lake, 1792-1796 by Richard Merritt
- All about Niagara Falls: Fascinating Facts, Dramatic Discoveries by Linda Granfield
- Pioneer sketches of Long Point Settlement (Canadiana reprint series) by E. A Owen
- Imagining Niagara: The Meaning and Making of Niagara Falls by Patrick Vincent Mcgreevy
- Kingsville, 1790-2000: A Stroll Through Time, v.2 by Kingsville-Gosfield Heritage Society.
- Niagara Falls, Canada: A History of the City and the World Famous Beauty Spot: An Anthology by Kiwanis Club of Stamford
- On Common Ground: The Ongoing Story of the Commons in Niagara-on-the-Lake by Richard D. Merritt
- The Niagara River (Watts Library : The World of Water) by Melissa Whitcraft
- QUEEN OF THE MIST: The Story of Annie Edson Taylor, First Person Ever to Go over Niagara Falls and Survive by Charles Carlin Parish
- In the Mad Water: Two Centuries of Adventure and Lunacy at Niagara Falls by T. W. Kriner
- Legacy to Buxton by Arlie C. Robbins
- The mighty Niagara : one river, two frontiers by John N. Jackson
- The Lake Erie Shore: Ontario's Forgotten South Coast by Ron Brown
- Barreling Over Niagara Falls by Nancy Allen
- The Jews of Windsor, 1790-1990: A Historical Chronicle by Rabbi Jonathan V. Plaut
- The Baldoon Mystery: An Intriguing Story of Witchcraft Near Wallaceburg, Ontario by Neil T McDonald
- Seek the Truth: A Story of Chatham's Black Community by Gwendolyn Robinson
- The Ordinary People of Essex: Environment, Culture, and Economy on the Frontier of Upper Canada by John Clarke
- People & Places from Grimsby's Past by Dorothy Turcotte
- Niagara Falls: Icon of the American Sublime by Elizabeth R. McKinsey
- Niagara-on-the-Lake: a unique Canadian village by Anne Veronica Mead
- Best of the times magazine by Chris Edwards
- It Happened at Niagara by Sherman Zavitz
- Something to Hope For: The story of the fugitive slave settlement Buxton, Canada West by Joyce Shadd Middleton
- 100 Years - 100 Artefacts: Niagara-on-the-Lake by Niagara Historical Museum
- Victory in the No-Go Zone by Gary McHale
- The Niagara Frontier: Its Place in U.S. and Canadian History (North American heritage series) by Robert Higgins
- Niagara: Daredevils, Danger and Extraordinary Stories by Maria Da Silva
- The Niagara Book: Facts, Figures and The Famous by George Bailey
- The Niagara Story; Vol 1 by Robert J. Foley
- A Trip to Niagara: A Souvenir of the Quinquennial Meeting of the International Council of Women, Toronto, June 23rd, 1909 by Mary Agnes FitzGibbon
- Niagara Falls (Wonder Books: Landmarks) by Cynthia Fitterer Klingel
- Kent Historical Society Papers and Addresses, Volume 1 by Kent Historical Society
- Kent Historical Society Papers and Addresses, Volume 3 by Kent Historical Society
- Port Dover: A Summer Garden by Cheryl MacDonald
- The Golden Age of Old Humberstone Village (1790-1912) and its Early Inns and Taverns by D. Anger
- Niagara Historical Society Museum by Niagara Historical Society
- The Talbot regime : or, The first half century of the Talbot settlement. -- by C.O. Ermatinger
- Images of a Century: The City of Niagara Falls, Canada, 1904-2004 by City of Niagara Falls
- Fort Malden : National Historic Park, management plan, 1983 = Parc Historique National du Fort Malden : plan directeur,
- Plain Folk Houses of Rainham and South Cayuga Township by David McClung
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario, 1781-1981 by Niagara-on-the-Lake Bicentennial Committee
- Garden gateway to Canada; one hundred years of Windsor and Essex County, 1854-1954 by Neil F. Morrison
- Loyalist Families of the Grand River Branch, United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada by Toronto United Empire Loyalist Centennial Committe
- French pioneers of the Western district by Madeleine Dumouchel
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.