Melvil Decimal System: 972.2
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌶 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Free zone and Northern states
Lower California and islands
Central Pacific states
Mexico; Federal district
Southern Gulf states
Southern Pacific states
Works under MDS 972.2
- Across the Wire: Life and Hard Times on the Mexican Border by Luis Alberto Urrea
- God and Mr. Gomez by Jack Clifford Smith
- Cave Art of Baja by Harry W. Crosby
- The Forgotten Peninsula: A Naturalist in Baja California by Joseph Wood Krutch
- Almost an Island: Travels in Baja California by Bruce Berger
- Juan Soldado: Rapist, Murderer, Martyr, Saint by Paul J. Vanderwood
- A natural and civil history of California by Miguel Venegas
- Baja California and Its Missions by Tomas A. Robertson
- Maryland Time Exposures, 1840-1940 by Mr. Marion E. Warren
- Baja Legends: The Historic Characters, Events, and Locations That Put Baja California on the Map (Sunbelt Cultural Heritage Books) by Greg Niemann
- Rancho Santa Margarita Remembered: An Oral History by Jerome O'Neill Baumgartner
- Tipai Ethnographic Notes by William D. Hohenthal
- Antigua California: Mission and Colony on the Peninsular Frontier, 1697-1768 (University of Arizona Southwest Center Book) by Harry W. Crosby
- Baja! by Doug Peacock
- Gateway to Alta California: The Expedition to San Diego, 1769 (Sunbelt Cultural Heritage Books) by Harry W. Crosby
- Observations in Lower California by Johann Jakob Baegert
- Searching for Scotch-Irish Roots in Scottish Records, 1600-1750 by Dobson
- A history of Lower California (the only complete and reliable one) by Pablo L. Martinez
- Breve historia de Chihuahua by Luis Aboites
- The Mother of California: Being an historical sketch of the little known land of Baja California, from the days of Corte by Arthur Walbridge North
- Seven rock art sites in Baja, California by Clement W. Meighan
- Towns of Baja California: A 1918 report by David Goldbaum
- El Otro México. Biografía de Baja California by Fernando Jordán
- Captain Swing in Sussex and Kent: Rural Rebellion in 1830 by Mike Matthews
- LORETO, BAJA CALIFORNIA: First Mission and Capital of Spanish California by Ann O'Neil
- Tijuana Dreaming: Life and Art at the Global Border by Josh Kun
- Dona Anita of El Rosario by Helen Ellsberg
- The Republic of Lower California, 1853-1854, in the words of its State papers, eyewitnesses, and contemporary reporters by Arthur Woodward
- Central Desert of Baja California: Demography and Ecology by Homer Aschmann
- Last of the Californios by Harry Crosby
- En donde se mete el sol-- historia y situación actual de los indígenas montañeses de Baja California by Everardo Garduño
- The Unforgettable Sea of Cortez: Baja California's Golden Age, 1947-1977 : The Life and Writings of Ray Cannon by Gene S. Kira
- The prehistory of Baja California : advances in the archaeology of the forgotten peninsula by Don Laylander
- Historia de la colonizacion de la Baja California y decreto del 10 de marzo de 1857 (Coleccion Baja California, nuestra historia) (Spanish Edition) by Ulises Urbano Lassepas
- Spirit jumpers : the Russian Molokans of Baja California by Therese Adams Muranaka
- Breve historia de Baja California Sur by Ignacio del Rio; Maria Eugenia Altable Fernandez
- 陝北剪紙 : 黃土高原. 藝術篇(上) (失傳系列 ; 漢聲雜誌 ; 82) by 吳美雲
- Spanish approaches to the Island of California, 1628-1632 by W. Michael Mathes
- Del Grijalva Al Colorado: Recuerdos Y Vivencias De Un Politico by Milton Castellanos Everardo
- Seven rock art sites in Baja, California
- 陝北剪紙 : 黃土高原. 藝術篇(下) (失傳系列 ; 漢聲雜誌 ; 83) by 吳美雲
- The desert revolution, Baja, California, 1911 by Lowell L. Blaisdell
- Historias del poder: El caso de Baja California by Azucena Valderrábano
- Mineros, Misioneros y Rancheros de la Antigua California by Jorge Luis Amao Manríquez
- The Republic of Lower California by Arthur Woodward
- The Californios: Photographs and Stories about the Descendents of the Mission Era in Baja California, Mexico by Leland Foerster
- The history of California by Francesco Saverio Clavigero
- The other California : land, identity and politics on the Mexican borderlands by Verónica Castillo-Muñoz
- Baja Gringos by Dorothea M. Eiler
- Loreto, Baja California First Mission and Capital of Spanish California by Ann & Don O'Neil
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.