Melvil Decimal System: 972.840
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🌶 > ? > 🇸🇻 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Free zone and Northern states
Lower California and islands
Central Pacific states
Mexico; Federal district
Southern Gulf states
Southern Pacific states
Panama Canal & Darien
Works under MDS 972.840
- Salvador by Joan Didion
- Witness to War: An American Doctor in El Salvador by Charles Clements
- El Salvador: The Face of Revolution by Robert Armstrong
- They Won't Take Me Alive: Salvadoran Women in Struggle for National Liberation by Claribel Alegria
- Insurgent Collective Action and Civil War in El Salvador (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics) by Elisabeth Jean Wood
- Rebel Radio: The Story of El Salvador's Radio Venceremos by Jose Ignacio Lopez Vigil
- In Search of Refuge by Yvonne Dilling
- El Salvador (DoubleTake Book) by Larry Towell
- The Long War: Dictatorship and Revolution in El Salvador by James Dunkerley
- Revolution In El Salvador: From Civil Strife To Civil Peace, Second Edition by Tommie Sue Montgomery
- Still Love in Strange Places: A Memoir by Beth Kephart
- The El Mozote Massacre: Anthropology and Human Rights by Leigh Binford
- Matanza by Thomas P. Anderson
- From Grandmother to Granddaughter: Salvadoran Women's Stories by Michael Gorkin
- El Salvador by Adam Kufeld
- The Man Who Stopped the Trains to Auschwitz: George Mantello, El Salvador, and Switzerland's Finest Hour (Religion, Theology, and the Holocaust) by David Kranzler
- To Rise in Darkness: Revolution, Repression, and Memory in El Salvador, 1920–1932 by Jeffrey L. Gould
- Las mil y una historia de Radio Venceremos by Jose Ignacio Lopez Vigil
- El Salvador: The People and Culture by Greg Nickles
- El Salvador (Enchantment of the World. Second Series) by Faren Maree Bachelis
- El Salvador, imagenes para no olvidar (1900-1999) =: El Salvador, images we must not forget (1900-1999) (Spanish Edition)
- El Salvador in pictures by Francesca Davis DiPiazza
- Enrique Alvarez: Life of a Salvadoran Revolutionary And Gentlemen by John Lamperti
- El Salvador Country in Crisis by Glenn Alan Cheney
- Duarte: My Story by Jose Napoleon Duarte
- Everyday Revolutionaries: Gender, Violence, and Disillusionment in Postwar El Salvador (Genocide, Political Violence, Human Rights) by Prof. Irina Carlota Silber
- Political Movements and Violence in Central America by Charles D. Brockett
- Landscapes of Struggle: Politics, Society, and Community in El Salvador by Aldo Lauria-Santiago
- Remembering a Massacre in El Salvador: The Insurrection of 1932, Roque Dalton, and the Politics of Historical Memory by Hector Lindo-Fuentes
- El Salvador: A Country Guide by Tom Barry
- Blood and Ink: Ignacio Ellacuria, Jon Sobrino, and the Jesuit Martyrs of the University of Central America by Robert Lassalle-Klein
- The El Mozote Massacre: Human Rights and Global Implications Revised and Expanded Edition by Leigh Binford
- Seeking Peace in El Salvador: The Struggle to Reconstruct a Nation at the End of the Cold War by Diana Villiers Negroponte
- El Salvador in Transition by Enrique A. Baloyra
- Stories of Civil War in El Salvador: A Battle over Memory by Erik Ching
- Veinte años de historia en El Salvador (1969-1989) : escritos políticos by Ignacio Ellacuria
- Strategy and Tactics of the Salvadoran FMLN Guerrillas: Last Battle of the Cold War, Blueprint for Future Conflicts by Jose Angel Moroni Bracamonte
- Poets and Prophets of the Resistance: Intellectuals and the Origins of El Salvador's Civil War by Joaquín M. Chávez
- El Salvador: Testament of Terror by Joe Fish
- El Salvador's Civil War: A Study of Revolution by Hugh Byrne
- Beyond Displacement: Campesinos, Refugees, and Collective Action in the Salvadoran Civil War (Critical Human Rights) by Molly Todd
- Authoritarian El Salvador: Politics and the Origins of the Military Regimes, 1880-1940 (ND Kellogg Inst Int'l Studies) by Erik Ching
- Voices from El Salvador: From the original Spanish edition, El Salvador, una autentica guerra civil by Mario Menéndez
- Miriam Daughter of Finnish Immigrants by Diane Dettmann
- Theologie als Einsicht in die Gottesherrschaft by Francisco de Aquino Júnior
- El Salvador, 1932 by Thomas R. Anderson
- Protection Racket State Pb (Political Science/Latin America Studies) by William Stanley
- A decade of war : El Salvador confronts the future by Anjali Sundaram
- El Salvador (The American Nations series) by CIIR Catholic Institute for International Relations
- The third current of revolution : inside the 'North American Front' of El Salvador's guerrilla war by J. Michael Waller
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.