Melvil Decimal System: 974.78
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🗽 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
New York (city)
Vicinity of New York City
Middle east counties
North central counties
South central counties
West central counties
Works under MDS 974.78
- Mount Allegro: A Memoir of Italian American Life (New York Classics) by Jerre Gerlando Mangione
- The Finger Lakes by John Francis McCarthy
- Rochester: A Pictorial History by Ruth Rosenberg-Naparsteck
- Mount Hope America's First Municipal Victorian Cemetery by Richard Reisem
- The White Woman and Her Valley by Arch Merrill
- Rochester's Downtown (Images of America) by Donovan A. Shilling
- Rochester's Lakeside Resorts and Amusement Parks by Donovan A. Shilling
- Back There Where the Past Was: A Small-Town Boyhood (York State Books) by Charles Champlin
- 19th Century Schoolgirl: The Diary of Caroline Cowles Richards, 1852-1855 (Diaries, Letters, and Memoirs) by Kerry Graves
- Living with the Senecas : a story about Mary Jemison by Susan Bivin Aller
- Rochester: Labor and Leisure by Donovan A. Shilling
- 19th Century Schoolgirl: The Diary of Caroline Cowles Richards, 1852-1855 (Diaries, Letters, and Memoirs) by Caroline C. Richards
- Around Canandaigua by Nancy H. Yacci
- The Finger Lakes: Nature's Beauty by Den Linnehan
- Wayne County : the aesthetic heritage of a rural area : a catalog for the environment by Stephen W Jacobs
- History of the settlement of Steuben County, N.Y. : including notices of the old pioneer settlers and their adventures by Guy H. McMaster
- Architecture Worth Saving in Pittsford, Elegant Village by Andrew D. Wolfe
- Runnin' Crazy: A Portrait of the Genesee River by Ruth Rosenberg-Naparsteck
- Gates (NY) (Images of America) by The Gates Historical Society
- Index of burials in Glenwood Cemetary, city of Geneva, Ontario County, New York by Diane H Stigler
- Underground Railroad Tales: With Routes Through the Finger Lakes Region by Emerson Klees
- Make a Way Somehow: African-American Life in a Northern Community, 1790-1965 (New York State Series) by Kathryn Grover
- Centennial History of Rochester, New York (4 Vols.) by Edward R. Foreman
- The Genesee Country & the Western New York through which the Genesee so proudly Flows - Being a Brief Discourse on an Exceedingly Fair & Gentle Land by Edward Hungerford
- The Groaning Tree and Other Stories of Years of Fascinating Country Folk Life As Experienced and Recorded in Fishers, New York by J. Sheldon Fisher
- An informal history of Richmond, New York [cover title Pittown Honeoye Richmond] by Janice Ashley
- The Image Is Rochester by Gabe Dalmath
- Finger Lakes Splendor by Derek Doeffinger
- Penn Yan and Keuka Lake (NY) (Images of America) by Charles R. Mitchell
- Images of America Ontario by JoAnn Meaker
- Bath by Charles R. Mitchell
- Rochester's Downtown Architecture: 1950 - 1975 (NY) (Images of America) by Daniel J. Palmer
- A Guide to the Study of a Victorian Household by Barbara MacAdam
- Rochester: A Brief History (Mellen Studies in History) by Blake McKelvey
- History, reminiscences, anecdotes and legends of Great Sodus Bay, Sodus Point, Sloop Landing, Sodus Village, Pultneyville, Maxwell and the environing regions, the Ridge Road and the 4-horse post coaches of pioneer days by Walter Henry Green
- Rochester history
- 100 years of Rochester area parks by Susan Geverdt
- Italians in Rochester, New York: 1940-1960 by Frank A. Salamone
- Pioneer history & atlas of Steuben County, N.Y. : compiled from historical, statistical & official records by W. B. Thrall
- Italians in Rochester, New York, 1900-1940 by Frank A. Salamone
- Penfield (NY) (Images of America) by Martin M. Wamp
- Alfred and Alfred Station (Images of America) by Laurie Lounsberry McFadden
- Finger Lakes of New York, The by Charles Harrington
- Geneva: 1940-1970 (NY) (Images of America) by Geneva Historical Society
- THE REMAKING OF A CITY: ROCHESTER, NEW YORK 1964-1984 by Lou Buttino
- Rochester: A Panoramic History by Blake McKelvey
- Saratoga County at work, 1865-1918 by David Chapin Weeks
- The Groaning Tree and Other Stories of Years of Fascinating Country Folk Life As Experienced and Recorded in Fishers, Ne by J. Sheldon Fisher
- The Development of Nineteenth-century Agricultural Practices and Their Manifestations in Farmsteads in the Genesee River Valley by Connie Bodner
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.