Melvil Decimal System: 974.816
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🔕 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Southeast counties; Philadelphia and Chester group
Eastern counties; Bucks group
Northeast counties; Northumberland group
Southeast central counties; Cumberland group
Northeast central counties; East Lycoming group
Northwest central counties; West Lycoming group
Southwest central counties; Bedford group
Southwest counties; Westmoreland group
Northwest counties; Allegheny group
Philadelphia (co. and city)
Works under MDS 974.816
- Hopewell Village: National Historic Site; Pennsylvania by Dennis C. Kurjack
- Oley Valley Heritage: The Colonial Years, 1700-1775 by Philip E. Pendleton
- History of the Counties of Berks and Lebanon Counties by I. Daniel Rupp
- The Indians of Berks County, Pa. : being a summary of all the tangible records of the aborigines of Berks County, and containing cuts and descriptions of the varieties of relics found within the county, written for the Society of Natural Sciences, Reading, Pa., by D.B. Brunner. by D. B. Brunner
- Conrad Weiser Homestead: Pennsylvania Trail of History Guide by John Bradley
- The Story of Berks County, Pennsylvania by Francis Wilhauer Balthaser
- The Pagoda Skyline Drive: An Illustrated History Reading's Mountaintop Landmarks by Corrie Crupi
- Trinity Lutheran Church of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania. Translated from the Original by Rev. J. W. Early, ca. 1906. Part Four: Burials. From the Library of Dr. and Mrs. Glenn P. Schwalm. by Jean A. Dellock
- Daniel Boone Homestead: Pennsylvania Trail of History Guide by Sharon Hernes Silverman
- Pennsylvania German tombstone inscriptions by Oscar H. Stroh
- Host "Tulpehocken" Church at Marion Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania : from the library of Dr. & Mrs. Glenn P. Schwalm by Schuylkill Roots (Research team),
- Reading in Vintage Postcards by Charles J. Adams III
- Penn Square Stories Pride in Our Past...Faith in Our Future by Wayne E. Homan
- A genealogical guide to Berks County private cemeteries by Laurel Miller
- Revolutionary War Soldiers in Berks County, Pennsyvlania. by Daughters of the American Revolution
- Midwinter Mourning: The Boyertown Opera House Fire by Mary J. Schneider
- Tulpehocken Church Records, 1730-1800: Christ (Little Tulpehocken) Church and Altalaha Church, Rehrersburg, Pennsylvania. by Frederick Sheely Weiser
- Early Landowners of Pennsylvania: Atlas of Township Warrantee Maps of Berks County, PA by Sharon Cook MacInnes
- Die Shilgrut fun der Tulpehock. by Tulpehocken Settlement Historical Society.
- Berks County, Pennsylvania: Tax Lists, 1754-1785. by Various
- Berks County, Pennsylvania, Land Warrants, 1730-1868 by Jeffrey J Howell
- Trinity Lutheran Church of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania: Part One, Baptisms, 1751-1790. by J. W. Early
- Bern Church Record: Bern Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania: Baptisms, 1739-1835, including Tombstone Inscriptions of Burial Ground at Bernville, from the Library of Dr. Glenn P. Schwalm. by Jean A. Dllock
- The Outer Station, Reading, Pennsylvania by Benjamin L. Bernhart
- Indian Names of Streams, Rivers and Places; The Ephrata Printing Press; Of Months and Days; The Folk Culture of the Pennsylvania Germans - Its Value in Modern Education (Volume 5). by John Heckewelder
- Penn Street A Pictorial Look Back in Time by Benjamin L. Bernhart
- History of Reading, Pennsylvania, and the anniversary proceedings of the sesqui-centennial, June 5-12, 1898 by Morton L. Montgomery
- "Rememb'ring our time and work is the Lords" : the experiences of Quakers on the eighteenth-century Pennsylvania frontie by Karen Guenther
- Along the Route 100 Corridor (PA) (Images of America) by Patricia A. Stompf Blackwell
- Wyomissing - An American Dream: Enterprise Shaping Community - Centennial Year 1906-2006 (History of Wyomissing, suburb of Reading, PA) by George H. Edmonds
- Historical review of Berks County by Historical Society of Berks County
- Pennsylvania Dutch Fersammling: Kutztown, Berks County, Pennsylvania (Die Fazichscht, Pennsylfawnish Deitsch Versammling fon Barricks Kounty). by Kutztown State College
- Reading and Berks County Pennsylvania : mirror to the past by Charles J. Adams III
- Private Records of Rev. Johannes Heinrich Helfrich, 1790-1810. by Phillip A. Rice
- Two centuries of Reading, Pa., 1748-1948; a history of the county seat of Berks County by Raymond W. Albright
- Berks County, Pennsylvania Marriages, 1730 - 1800. by Frederic G Paul
- The passing scene : stories and photographs of old-time Reading and Berks by George M. Meiser
- History of Berks County, Pennsylvania: Reprinted from Egle's History of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. by J. Lawrence Gerz
- A comprehensive index to The passing scene, volumes 1 to 10 by James S. Neiman
- Pennsylvania League of Cities, September 1957 : the Reading story
- Neversink : Reading's "other" mountain : (the resort years: 1880-1930) by Paul Druzba
- Tombstone Inscriptions at the St. John's (Hain's) Reformed Church Cemetery, Lower Heidelberg Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania (Chapter 25 of History of St. John's (Hain's) Reformed Church in Lower Heidelberg Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, 1916). by William Jacob Kershner
- The heart of the Reading Railroad : Reading, Pennsylvania by Benjamin L. Bernhart
- A History of Altalaha Evangelical Lutheran Church, Rehrersburg, Berks County, Pennsylvania by George E. Hein Jr.
- Index to township map of Berks county Pennsylvania from actual surveys by L. Fagan. by Jacqueline N. Flamm
- Township map of Berks County, Pennsylvania, from actual surveys by L. Fagan
- A History of Bethany Children's Home: Of the United Church of Christ, Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania, One Hundred Years of Service to Children, 1863-1963. by Ray S. Vandevere
- Tulpehocken Evangelical Lutheran Church register 1733-1747.
- The Private Records of Rev. George Jacob Martz , 1869-1878: Comprising Deaths, Marriages, and Baptisms during his Ministerium at Womelsdorf Lutheran Church, Berks County, Pennsylvania, and Lutheran Churches of the Southeastern Area of Lebanon County and the Extreme Northern End of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. by South Central Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
- Congressional history of Berks (Pa.) district, 1789-1939 by Benjamin Alderfer Fryer
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.