Melvil Decimal System: 974.83
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🔕 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Southeast counties; Philadelphia and Chester group
Eastern counties; Bucks group
Northeast counties; Northumberland group
Southeast central counties; Cumberland group
Northeast central counties; East Lycoming group
Northwest central counties; West Lycoming group
Southwest central counties; Bedford group
Southwest counties; Westmoreland group
Northwest counties; Allegheny group
Works under MDS 974.83
- Letters to the Editor: Two Hundred Years in the Life of an American Town by Gerard Stropnicky
- Wright's Ferry Mansion by Elizabeth Meg Schaefer
- Centralia (PA) (Images of America) by Deryl B. Johnson
- Scranton: The Electric City by Alyssa Amori
- Scranton's Mayors by David J. Wenzel
- History of Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania, by Emily C Blackman
- History of Wyoming, in a Series of Letters, from Charles Miner, to His Son William Penn Miner, Esq. by Charles Miner
- History of the Lackawanna Valley by H. Hollister
- A Genealogist's Guide to Burials in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania (Volume 3). by Joseph A Meiser Jr.
- Scranton (PA) (Images of America) by Cheryl A. Kashuba
- Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, Pioneer Families, Part XVI, I to R (Volume 2). by Joseph A Meiser Jr.
- The Trevorton, Mahanoy and Susquehanna Railroad: and the Susquehanna River Bridge Between Herndon and Port Trevorton, PA by Steve E. Troutman
- Jews of Scranton (PA) (Images of America) by Arnine Cumsky Weiss
- Index of Part II, "Biographical sketches" from the History of Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, edited by H.C. Bradsby, (1893): With some supplemental information on selected family names by Donald L Winans
- Eckley Miners' Village (Pennsylvania Trail of History Guides) by Perry Blatz
- Documents Relating to the Connecticut Settlement in the Wyoming Valley by William H. Egle
- History of Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, Including its Aboriginal History; the Colonial and Revolutionary Periods; Early Settlement and Subsequent Growth; Political Organization, Agricultural, Mining,and Manufacturing Interests; Internal Improvements; Religious Educational, Social, and Military History; Sketches of Its Boroughs, Villages, and Townships; Portraits and Biographies of Pioneers and Representative Citizens, etc. etc. by Herbert C. Bell
- The Cogan Legend by Robert E. Miller
- Biographical and portrait cyclopedia of Fayette County, Pennsylvania by John M. Gresham
- A Brief History of Scranton, Pennsylvania by Cheryl A. Kashuba
- Zion (Stone Valley) Union Church at Hickory Corners, Lower Mahanoy Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Glenn P Schwalm
- Story of the Wyoming Valley, The by R. S. Smith
- David's (Harter's) Church, Hebe, Jordan Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Unknown
- A Patch of Land Owned by the Company by Stephen G Warfel
- Miscellaneous Church and Cemetery Records from Columbia County, Pennsylvania. by Glenn P Schwalm
- Cemeteries of Centralia, Columbia County, Pennsylvania. by Phillip A. Rice
- Genealogical and Biographical Annals of Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. Containing a Genealogical Record of Representative Families, Including Many of the Early, Settlers, and Biographical Sketches of Prominent Citizens, Prepared from data Obtained from General Sources of Information by Northumberland County *
- Baptismal Records, 1774-1876: Himmel's Union Church(Lutheran and Reformed), Rebuck, Washington Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Jack Pensyl
- 100th Anniversary of the St. Luke's (Malta) Lutheran and Reformed Church, Malta, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by St. Luke's Lutheran and reformed Church
- The Bicentennial Album, 1803-2003: A Tribute to Jacob's (Howerter's) Union Church. by Don Yoder
- Himmel's Church and Cemetery, Rebuck, Washington Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Glenn P Schwalm
- "Oak Hill" (O. of A. A.) Cemetery, at Mt. Carmel (Alaska), Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Jean A. Dellock
- Himmel's Church, Rebuck, Washington Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by William J. Hinke
- Mount Carmel Cemetery, Located at Mount Carmel, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Jean A. Dellock
- Jubilee history,: Commemorative of the fiftieth anniversary of the creation of Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania; story of by Thomas F Murphy
- Early Roads of Northumberland County. by Chester D. Clark
- Dalmatia, Pennsylvania: The First Two Hundred Years, A Bicentennial History, 1798-1998. by Richard J. Martz
- Himmel's Church, Rebuck, Washington Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania: Volume I, W. P. A Project. by Heber G. Gearhart
- St. Paul's (Swartz) Church, Urban, Jordan Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania: History and Church Records. by St. Paul's Church
- Never Before in History: The Story of Scranton by John Beck
- Northumberland County School Annual and Institute Manual. Sixty-sixth Annual Session Teachers' Institute, Sunbury, December 16 to December 20, 1918. by Northumberland County *
- The Borough of Herndon, Pennsylvania, 1902-2002: Memories Last a Lifetime. by Doddie Kuder
- Baptisms, 1774-1846: Himmel's Church, Rebuck, Washington Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Glenn P Schwalm
- Old St. Peter's Lutheran and Reformed Cemetery, West Cameron Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Donald Boyer
- Copies of Land Surveys of Original Northumberland County (Pennsylvania) from 1760, from Originals in County Commissioner's Office. by Clarence H. Bell
- Celebrating Herndon's 100 Years: Pictorial Sequel to "Memories Last a Lifetime." by Ron Schmick
- Bicentennial, 1773-1973: Himmel's Church, Rebuck, Washington Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylv by Himmel's Church
- Emanuel's Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, Little Mahanoy Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, 1890-1955. by Unknown
- Index to Northumberland County (Pennsylvania) Deeds. by Gratz Historical Society
- Trinity United Methodist Church and Cemetery, County Line, Jordan Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. by Unknown
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.