Melvil Decimal System: 974.84
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🔕 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Southeast counties; Philadelphia and Chester group
Eastern counties; Bucks group
Northeast counties; Northumberland group
Southeast central counties; Cumberland group
Northeast central counties; East Lycoming group
Northwest central counties; West Lycoming group
Southwest central counties; Bedford group
Southwest counties; Westmoreland group
Northwest counties; Allegheny group
Works under MDS 974.84
- Gettysburg (PA) (Images of America) by Dolly Nasby
- Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, Church Records of the 18th Century by F. Edward Wright
- York County Pennsylvania Church Records of the 18th Century, Volume 1 by Marlene Bates
- Southern Revenge: The Confederate Burning of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania by Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Rural Delivery: Real Photo Postcards from Central Pennsylvania 1905-1935 by Jody Blake
- United States Direct Tax of 1798, York County, Pennsylvania, Volume 3: York Borough & York Towsnship by South Central Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
- Remembering Carlisle (PA): Tales from the Cumblerland Valley (American Chronicles) by Joseph David Cress
- A Town In-Between: Carlisle, Pennsylvania, and the Early Mid-Atlantic Interior by Judith Ridner
- Abstracts of South Central Pennsylvania Newspapers, 1791-1795 by Martha Reamy
- History of York County, Pennsylvania, 1729-1834 by W. C. Carter
- Pictorial History West Shore Area: New Cumberland, Lower Allen Township, Camp Hill, Lemoyne, Wormleysburg, East Pennsboro Township by Cumberland County 250th Anniversary Committee
- Snyder County (PA) (Images of America) by Jim Campbell
- York area photographers, 1840-1997 by Eric D Battorff
- Hanover (PA) (Postcard History Series) by Hanover Area Historical Society
- The Snyder County Pioneers by Charles A. Fisher
- Hanover Milestones (PA) (Postcard History Series) by Hanover Area Historical Society
- Camp Hill: A history by Robert Grant Crist
- The Spring Grove Years, 1882-1982 by Sandra S. Kurowski
- Listing of inhabitants in 1778: Cumberland County, Pennsylvania by Aimee Appleby
- Mary Eliza Easton Diary: Loudon, Franklin County, Pennsylvania by Diane E. Greene
- Schuylkill County: Volume II (Images of Amerca) by Leo L. Ward
- Abstracts of South Central Pennsylvania Newspapers 1785-1790 by N/A
- Solemn Blessing and Rededication of the Shrine Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Abbottstown, R. D., Pennsylvania, Diocese of Harrisburg, 1845-1972. by 1978 (St. Paul Immaculate Heart of Mary Council of
- Union County, Pennsylvania: A Bicentennial History. by Charles McCool Snyder
- Churches of the Valley, Cumberland and Franklin Counties in Pennsylvania
- Union County Sesquicentennial: The Story of a County, 1813-1963 by Thomas R Deans
- Tax Lists - Cumberland County, Pennsylvania by Merri Lou Scribner Schaumann
- Biographical and portrait cyclopedia of Cumberland, York, and Adams Counties, Pennnsylvania : with new index
- The History of White Deer Township: From Colonial Days to the Present by Arna Dershem
- Church of the Good Shepherd: 1951 - 2001, 50th Anniversary
- Atlas of Union and Snyder Counties, Pennsylvania, from Actual Surveys under the Direction of D. G. Beers, 1868. by D. G. Beers
- York (Postcard History Series) by Scott D. Butcher
- Records of the Reformed Church in Shippensburg, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, 1770-1842, Translated and Copied from the Original Book. by William C. Lightner
- Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, Cemeteries: Camp Hill Cemetery and Enola Cemetery. by Robert Viguers
- Land records of York County, Pennsylvania 1771-1775 by Mary Marshall Brewer
- York County, Pennsylvania: Census of 1800; Will Book Excerpts, 1749-1762; Will Abstracts, 1749-1754; Death Registrations, 1852-1855. by William C. Lightner
- [A] history of First Evangelical Lutheran Church of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania by Hazel Baker Wagaman
- Church Record of Lischy's Reformed Church, North Codorus Township, York County, Pennsylvania, 1773-1834. by William J. Hinke
- Perry County, Pennsylvania: Church Records Taken from Newsletters. by Gratz Historical Society
- Bicentennial, 1763-1963 : McSherrystown, Pa.
- Messiah Lutheran Church, Mifflintown, Juniata County, Pennsylvania: Parish Records, 1801-1867. by Frederick S. Weiser
- HISTORY OF CUMBERLAND COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, WITH ILLUSTRATIONS
- An Alphabetical Listing of Heads of Households (with Age and Sex of All Members of Households) Included in the 1800 Federal Census of Adams County, Pennsylvania. by William C. Lightner
- Union County Heritage: Union County's Role in World War I (Volume 11). by Union County Historical Society Inc.
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.