Melvil Decimal System: 974.97
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🤑 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Upper southern counties
Lower southern counties
Works under MDS 974.97
- Barnegat: Life By The Bay (Images of America) by Kevin Hughes
- Traditions of Hunterdon by John W. Lequear
- The Morris Canal : across New Jersey by water and rail by Robert R. Goller
- Pioneer Families of Northwestern New Jersey by William C Armstrong
- History of Sussex and Warren Counties,: New Jersey, with illustrations and biographical sketches of its prominent men and pioneers by James P. Snell
- Clinton, Flemington, and Lambertville (NJ) (Images of America) by Sally A. Freedman
- In Lights & Shadows: Morristown in Three Centuries by Cam Cavanaugh
- Mansions of Morris County (Images of America: New Jersey) by John W. Rae
- The Dutch, the Indians & the Quest for Copper: Pahaquarry & the Old Mine Road by Herbert C. Kraft
- History of Hunterdon and Somerset Counties, New Jersey, With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers by James P. Snell
- Records of the Kingwood monthly meeting of Friends, Hunterdon County, New Jersey by James W. Moore
- Chester, NJ by Joan S. Case
- Sussex County, a history by Warren D Cummings
- The Historical Directory of Sussex County, New Jersey by Edward A. Webb
- Greetings from Bertrand Island Amusement Park (NJ) (Images of America) by Martin Kane
- Woody Guthrie's Wardy Forty: Greystone Park State Hospital Revisited by Phillip Buehler
- The first century of Hunterdon County, state of New Jersey by George Scudder Mott
- The great flood disaster of 1955 : picture story of greatest catastrophe in the history of Hunterdon and Bucks counties by Flemington Democrat Press, NJ
- Frenchtown, New Jersey: (Brief History) by Robert Rando
- Blairstown (Images of America: New Jersey) by Kenneth J. Bertholf
- The Madison Heritage Trail: An Intimate History of a Community in Transition by Frank J Esposito
- Village at War: Chatham, New Jersey, and the American Revolution by Donald Wallace White
- Morris Township, New Jersey : a glimpse into the past by Barbara Hoskins
- The Jacob Ford Jr. Mansion: The Storied History of A New Jersey Home (Landmarks) by Jude M. Pfister
- Chatham Township: Images of America by John T. Cunningham
- High Point State Park and the Civilian Conservation Corps by Peter Osborne
- Vernon Township by Ronald J. Dupont
- Chatham; at the crossing of the Fishawack by John T. Cunningham
- Morristown:: A Military Headquarters of the American Revolution (Making of America Series) by John W. Rae
- Hanover Township: Whippany and Cedar Knolls (NJ) (Images of America) by Steven P. Hepler
- The Hunterdon County New Jersey Militia, 1792 by Hiram Edmund Deats
- Readington Township
- Morris plains by Virginia Daniel Vogt
- Florham: The Lives of an American Estate by Friends of Florham
- Newton (Images of America) by gordonwaynetmccabeka
- Picatinny Arsenal (Images of America: New Jersey) by John W. Rae
- A History of Andover Township and Guide to Historic Sites by Andover Township Bicentennial Committee
- Under the mountain by Margaret D. Robson
- Newton Up To Date - History Growth and Development of the Town,
- Hunterdon County : A Millennial Portrait by Walter Choroszewski
- The Jerseyman. A Quarterly magazine of local history and genealogy, principally of Hunterdon County, New Jersey, Vol. 9, Numbers 1-4 by Hiram Edmund Deats
- Images of Sparta, An Historical Narrative
- The First 275 years of Hunterdon County, 1714-1989 by Hubert G. Schmidt
- The Jerseyman. A Quarterly magazine of local history and genealogy, principally of Hunterdon County, New Jersey, Vol. 10, Numbers 1-4 by Hiram Edmund Deats
- Old Sussex County families of the Minisink Region by Charles E. Stickney
- Lambertville, New Jersey from the beginning as Coryells Ferry by Alfred G. Petrie
- The Jerseyman. A Quarterly magazine of local history and genealogy, principally of Hunterdon County, New Jersey, Vol. 11, Numbers 1-4 by Hiram Edmund Deats
- A stroll through the old village of Chester, N.J by Chester Historical Society
- Early history of Lambertville, N.J., 1703-1903 by Sarah A. Gallagher
- History of Morris County, New Jersey: With illustrations and biographical sketches of prominent citizens and pioneers by Edmund Drake Halsey
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.