Melvil Decimal System: 974.98
Dewmoji: 🗿 > 🌽 > 🗽 > 🤑 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Geography, Voyages And Travel
Mexico, Central America, And The Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Upper southern counties
Lower southern counties
Works under MDS 974.98
- Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City by Nelson Johnson
- Forgotten Towns of Southern New Jersey by Henry Charlton Beck
- Camden After the Fall: Decline and Renewal in a Post-Industrial City by Howard Gillette Jr.
- Atlantic City: 125 Years of Ocean Madness by Vicki Gold Levi
- Xenophobe's Guide to the Estonians by Hilary Bird
- A gentleman of much promise : the diary of Isaac Mickle, 1837-1845 by Isaac Mickle
- History of the counties of Gloucester, Salem, and Cumberland New Jersey, with biographical sketches of their prominent citizens by Thomas Cushing
- Boardwalk Memories: Tales Of The Jersey Shore by Emil R. Salvini
- Camden County, New Jersey: The Making of a Metropolitan Community, 1626-2000 by Jeffery M. Dorwart
- The Roaring '20s at the Jersey Shore by Karen L. Schnitzspahn
- Camden by Cheryl L. Baisden
- Common Sense for Camden: Taking Back Our City by Tom Knoche
- Chance of a Lifetime: Nucky Johnson, Skinny D'Amato and how Atlantic City became the Naughty Queen of Resorts by Grace Anselmo D'Amato
- The history of Camden county, New Jersey by George R. Prowell
- Under four flags: Old Gloucester County, 1686-1964; a history of Gloucester County, New Jersey by Hazel B. Simpson
- Notes on Old Gloucester County, New Jersey, Volume 1 by Frank H. Stewart
- Cherry Hill: A Brief History by Mike Mathis
- Absegami Yesteryear by Jack E. Boucher
- Pitman (NJ) (Images of America) by Michael D. Batten
- The Reminder
- Reminiscences of old Gloucester : or, incidents in the history of the counties of Gloucester, Atlantic and Camden, New Jersey by Isaac Mickle
- The history of Runnemede, New Jersey, 1626-1976 by William W Leap
- Elizabeth French Gill, 1794-1854 : first mistress of Greenfield Hall by Harriet Gotchel Monshaw
- Camden County, New Jersey, 1616-1976 : a narrative history by Jeffery M. Dorwart
- Atlantic County: A Pictorial History by Elaine Conover Abrahamson
- Haddon Township's Hopkins Plantation : the first three hundred years by Dennis G. Raible
- The two hundredth anniversary of the settlement of Haddonfield, New Jersey : celebrated October eighteenth, nineteen hundred and thirteen by Haddonfield (N.J.),
- Deptford Township (NJ) (Images of America) by Marie Scholding
- History of Atlantic City, New Jersey by A. L. [from old catalog] English
- Cherry Hill New Jersey (Images of America) by Mike Mathis
- This is Haddonfield by Historical Society of H...
- Steel Pier, Atlantic City: Showplace of the Nation by Steve Leibowitz
- Delaware River Port Authority (Images of America) by Cheryl L. Baisden
- Elizabeth Haddon Estaugh 1680-1762; Building the Quaker Community of Haddonfield, New Jersey, 1701-1762 by Jeffery M. Dorwart
- A sketch of Camden city, New Jersey by Hector Orr
- The Wildwoods: 1920-1970 by Jr. Vincent Martino
- Haunted Haddonfield: Ghost Stories and Legends of Old Haddonfield by William E. Jr. Meehan
- [Scrapbook related to the two hundredth anniversary of the settlement of Haddonfield New Jersey]
- Some Old Houses of Mickleton, New Jersey and Their Families by Elizabeth T. Scott
- Atlantic City by James D. Ristine
- Haddon Township (Images of America) by William B. Brahms
- The history of Berlin, New Jersey (Long-A-Coming) by Charles W. Wright
- Patricia Rainey's Victorian Wonderland: Spectacular Watercolors of Cape May, NJ
- Haddonfield on the Move by Helen Stevens Mountney
- Industries of New Jersey: Cumberland, Salem, Gloucester, Atlantic, Camden and Cape May counties. Part II by Historical Publishing Company
- Camden County Medical Society, 1846-1956 by Camden County (N.J.),
- Collingswood, the First One Hundred Years, 1888 - 1988 by Unknown
- Historical Sketch, Camden Fire Insurance Association [New Jersey] by B.F. (Complier) Camden Fire Insurance Association; Bibighaus
- Haddonfield historic homes : success through historic preservation by Joan L. Aiken
- Reminiscences of old Gloucester : or, Incidents in the history of the counties of Gloucester, Atlantic and Camden, New Jersey by Isaac Mickle
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.