CollectionsYour library (268), Currently reading (2), To read (18), All collections (268)
Tagsnonfiction (104), fantasy (65), Dad's attic (56), unread (56), school (46), literature (33), popular science (28), plants (23), spirituality (20), evolution (16) — see all tags
Cloudstag cloud, author cloud, tag mirror
About my libraryMy library is gradually beginning to show that I am an ecologist. I'm slowly building up a collection of popular/historical science books, while still maintaining a decent representation of my other interests: fantasy, spirituality, and (most recently) vegan cooking and nutrition.
I like building up my library, but at the same time, I never pass up an opportunity to read books belonging to other people so I don't have to buy them, which is why I own so few books.
I don't really have an overarching tagging system. If I have quite a few books centering around a certain theme, I make a tag for that theme:
- School - books acquired for classes
- Plants - botanical textbooks, plant keys, and non-scientific plant-themed books fall under this category
- Spirituality - books on religion and meaning
- Evolution - books on evolution, creationism, and everything in between
- Spanish - books in, or originally in Spanish, as well as Spanish textbooks
- Fantasy - books in the fantasy genre
- Popular science - books written about science for the general public
- History of science - books about the history of science or scientists, or historical texts such as Paley's Natural Theology.
I also have tags for unread/unfinished books. I do not place these tags on textbooks or reference books.
- Unread - the book is entirely untouched (or barely touched)
- Partly unread - in books with multiple stories/plays/essays, I have read one or some entire sections, but not all
- Unfinished - I have started this book, and intend to pick it up again someday and read from the point in the middle which is bookmarked
Favorite authorsPhilip Pullman (Shared favorites)
Also onBoardGameGeek, Facebook, LiveJournal, NaNo, Picasa, YouTube
Membership LibraryThing Early Reviewers/Member Giveaway
Account typepublic, lifetime
Member sinceJul 24, 2007
Currently readingSand and Foam by Kahlil Gibran
In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan