CollectionseWishlist (10), eLibrary (4), Your library (427), Wishlist (1), Recommendation engine (303), Currently reading (2), To read (1), Read but unowned (7), All collections (447)
Tagsscience fiction (137), fantasy (78), children (24), urban fantasy (6), new weird (1), WWII (1), time travel (1), humor (1), fluff (1) — see all tags
Cloudstag cloud, author cloud, tag mirror
About my libraryAbout My Ratings
By no means is my assignment of ratings a scientific or even consistent process; however, generally here is what each rating level means to me.
- 5 Stars: This book really resonated with me. It's either changed my way of thinking, given me a new experience in reading that I've never had before, or struck me as a truly incredible piece of literature. That isn't to say there aren't other books that aren't better, but I happened to have had the experience while reading this particular book at the right time.
- 4 Stars: This is a really great book, and, although it didn't have the same impact on me as a 5 star book (probably just because I didn't read it first), I consider it an excellent piece of literature and accomplishment of the author.
- 3 Stars: This is a good, enjoyable book that I'm quite happy to have read. Many books fall into this category, which is perfectly fine and I'd probably read other things by this author.
- 2 Stars: I didn't really enjoy this book and would probably not read anything else by this author.
- 1 Star: I really disliked this book.
Favorite authorsOctavia E. Butler, Ursula K. Le Guin, Tim Powers (Shared favorites)
Account typepublic, lifetime
Member sinceNov 6, 2010
Currently readingTwenty-First Century Science Fiction by David G. Hartwell
Three Days to Never: A Novel by Tim Powers