CollectionsYour library (14)
Tagsfamily humor fiction (2), World War II (2), circus (1), families (1) — see all tags
MediaBook (14), Paper Book (13)
Susan W. Hansen
125 Sagamore Dr S.
Liverpool, New York 13090
Objective: Develop critical computer literacy skills in libraries and job development programs as a Literacy Instructor for academic and public libraries.
2009 Polaris Library Systems Trainer Liverpool, N.Y.
• Trained Polaris customers on Integrated Library Systems software and supported the development of subsequent products.
• Developed training materials for public library personnel across all ability levels.
• Traveled across the United States to train public library personnel in their regular workflow and training environment.
• Analyzed training servers for potential ease of use in software development.
1998 – 2009 Information Services Librarian & Adult Programs Coordinator
Broome County Public Library Binghamton, N.Y.
• Provided reference and advisory service to the central library collection.
• Supported forty-four member libraries with ready reference information to enhance patron service.
• Provided book presentations and tours on specific topics as an outreach effort to the community.
• Led approximately three computer classes per week in Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer.
• Developed and coordinated over sixty hourly community oriented adult programs and promotional material per year.
• Led staff and public through online tools to support computer services in the library.
• Supervised college and high school volunteers and interns by instructing and training in work methods.
1996 to 1998 Information Librarian
Vestal Public Library Vestal, N.Y.
• Guided the public in using bibliographic databases to find materials and to handle software changes during new system upgrades.
• Provided ready reference information, collected and maintained government pamphlet file and developed displays.
• Supervised circulation personnel and pages and responsible for opening and closing the library.
Susan Hansen page 2
1992 to 1997 Instructor
Broome-Tioga Board of Occupational and Cooperative Educational Services Binghamton, N.Y.
• Instructed adults in areas of English in order to ensure their self-sufficiency and job employability as they reside in the local area.
• Tutored candidates of the General Equivalency Examination to assist adults obtaining General Equivalency Diplomas.
• Facilitated with General Equivalency Examination classes at a new learning center to support job creation by the New York State Labor Department and Job Training Partnership Act funding.
• Assisted in developing a successful grant proposal that led to additional programs to coordinate and promote employability training with social agencies in the local area.
Master of Library Science and Public Librarian Certificate
State University of New York, University at Albany.
Bachelor of Arts, History and Education Certification
State University of New York, College at Cortland.
New York Library Association
Special Library Association, Upstate New York Chapter
Literacy Volunteers of America, Broome and Tioga County Chapter
American Library Association
References Available Upon Request
About my libraryGenealogy and Business Resources collections
Real nameSue Hansen
LocationLiverpool, New York
Favorite authorsNot set
Account typepublic, lifetime
Member sinceOct 17, 2009