CollectionsYour library (13,814)
Cloudsauthor cloud, tag mirror
About my libraryThe William Morris Sixth Form LRC (Learning Resource Centre) supports the teaching and learning needs of students and staff at the UK's first 16-19 School, The William Morris Sixth Form, London.
The Learning Resource Centre, in liaison with subject teachers, works towards achieving the following objectives:
1. To aid students performance and develop their attitudes and capabilities as life long learners through the delivery of library induction and focused information literacy teaching. [1,5]
2. To demonstrate that LRC information literacy teaching is of good quality, and demonstrates awareness of sound pedagogical practice. [3,1]
3. To provide information resources, service provision and accommodation of an adequate quality to support student and staff needs. 
4. To actively promote students’ reading for recreational and educational purposes. 
5. To systematically evaluate LRC performance in line with whole Sixth Form self evaluation, providing robust evidence of improvement in LRC resource levels, usage and service impact on student learning. 
6. To provide effective management, training, and opportunity for LRC staff. 
7. To enable students to develop a range of desirable qualities such as consideration for others, politeness, perseverance, initiative and independence. 
Numerals in brackets represent one or more of the seven key OFSTED questions.
OFSTED (2003) Inspecting schools: framework for inspecting schools
Available from: http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/publications/index.cfm?fuseaction=pubs.displayfile&...
The current collection contains over 18,000 accessions in the full range of media.
LocationHammersmith, London, UK
Favorite authorsNot set
Account typepublic, paid
Member sinceJan 11, 2011