< Back to SantaThing
I like mysteries which are well written. One of my favourite authors is Louise Penny and I also like historical mysteries by Jacqueline Winspear for example. I've read everything by J.K. Rowling in both of her manifestations. I also enjoy Clerical mysteries.
Don't get this!
No political books, preferably no non-fiction, except maybe cook books or knitting books.
Not too much swearing although that is generally not a problem with well written books.
19anne44's Secret Santa is library_mistress. Help library_mistress pick the right book.
library_mistress: Dear Anne,
* "Seneca Falls inheritance" is part of one of my favourite librarian mystery series. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
* I saw you have several books of the Royal Spyness mysteries (as myself), and I decided to fill the gap.
* I haven't read "A Very Private Grave", I discovered it on the website http://detecs.org/ about clerical mysteries (maybe you find some reading inspiration there, I certainly did!).
* I haven't read "Murder and Poisoned Tea" either but I think the description sounds nice.
* I also wanted to send you "The fifth gospel" by Ian Caldwell, but it has a delivery period of 1-2 months which is not good for a christmas present :-)
// Dear LibraryThing elf, I rounded the prices up a little bit so that there should be no problem with exchange rate fluctuations. All the books are shipped and sold by amazon.ca. (Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:45:07 -0500)
library_mistress: If there is something wrong with delivery, here are other suggestions:
https://www.amazon.ca/Evans-Above-Rhys-Bowen/dp/0425166422/ (Wed, 05 Dec 2018 11:04:15 -0500)
lorannen: Removed A Very Private Grave (1544631480)—19anne44 already has that one. Replaced with two of Santa's alternate picks, Murder in the Mystery Suite (0425265595) and A Royal Pain (042522872X).
Done. (Sun, 16 Dec 2018 19:15:58 -0500)
Add a suggestion/comment
Become a member to leave a suggestion