Join LibraryThing to post.
This topic is currently marked as "dormant"—the last message is more than 90 days old. You can revive it by posting a reply.
Today marks the first of day of Winter-een-mas! This is a week-long celebration of gaming.
For the uninitiated, here are the guidelines, though you may also read A Winter-een-mas Story.
* The first day is for action, platform and adventure games, represented by a man dressed as Indiana Jones.
* Second day is for first-person shooters, represented by a 21 year old that needs sleep.
* Third, is the day for fighting games, represented by a martial artist with too many blows to the head and kicks to the "jewels".
* The fourth day belongs to real-time strategy games (RTSs) represented by a rather large, bearded man with a pocket protector.
* The fifth day is for racing games, represented by a racer with old fashioned racing helmet and racing goggles holding a detached steering wheel.
* The sixth day goes to role playing games (RPGs), represented by an elf-like woman holding floating dice above her left hand.
* The seventh and last day is dedicated to sports games, represented by a round, middle-aged man wearing a #10 jersey and holding a beer bottle in each hand.
Just to get it out of my system, if you read The Story, I just have to say that I hate the depiction of day six. I am more than tired of female characters wearing next to nothing and armor that's held together by dental floss.
But I don't want that to be the focus of this thread. How are my fellow LTers going to be celebrating? If you choose to celebrate of, course. I'm starting off by wearing my PWNIES t-shirt from ThinkGeek. I bought one of the last small unisex shirts before they sold out, but they should be in stock again by now...
Happy day 2 of Winter-een-mas! I continue my struggles in Cave Story (洞窟物語 Dōkutsu Monogatari) in celebration! I know, I know, it isn't an FPS, but I do have a lot of neat guns. One lets me levitate, another gives me a bubble shield that harms enemies on contact/impact, and another rolls fireballs at my enemies. I'll talk about the sword on RPG day. :)
All right, if anyone wants me to stay true to the criteria, I do have Doom on hand. I haven't played that one in years.
This group does not accept members.
This topic is not marked as primarily about any work, author or other topic.