What did YOU buy today? May 2012
Join LibraryThing to post.
An ARC rather than a purchase: Double Cross by Ben Macintyre. It comes out in July and is the story of the spies involved in keeping D-Day knowledge from Hitler's forces. He also wrote Agent Zigzag and Operation Mincemeat. The latter is one I'd also like to read. Ewen Montagu tells the story of the same events in The Man Who Never Was.
Picked up an ARC today. It's paranormal historical romance: _A Lady and Her Magic_ by Tammy Falkner. Coming out from Sourcebooks in September.
Three this time:
* How to Use, Adapt, and Design Sewing Patterns by Lee Hollahan (the publisher also has a nearly identical title about knitwear),
* How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer, and
* American Heroes by Edmund S. Morgan, which I bought mainly because it was available remaindered and because it's Morgan
Picked up the title I need to read for my historical fiction book group for July: All Other Nights by Dara Horn. It's set during the American Civil War.
I bought a book five minutes after it was placed under my nose by a fellow bookseller who knows I work at a living history museum: Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm. It's about a teen fashionista who goes to work at a living history maritime museum in Camden Harbor, Maine.
Anyone else out there making purchases?
Three more, all mass market fiction:
* Marriage of Mercy by Carla Kelly (it's historical Regency romance, which I thought she was going to stop writing in favor of her religious romances, so I'm happy)
* Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson (she and Susan Donovan and Suzanne Brockmann and Penny McCall most consistently tempt me into the world of contemporary romance with their stories; otherwise I mostly stick to historical)
* _Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half_ by Samantha Grace (also Regency romance, I think; hate the title but do enjoy stories where it's the hero suffering from unrequited love)
This topic is not marked as primarily about any work, author or other topic.