Another Silly Game Part 158
This is a continuation of the topic Another Silly Game Part 157.
Join LibraryThing to post.
After Thirty Years: The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze by William Saroyan
Here are the Suggested Rules of the Game:
1. Please play on the most recent correct post.
2 Please verify that no one else has posted while you were preparing your post.
3. The title of the book cited must have one word, at least, which is the same as a word in the previous title.
4. The repeated word in the new title must be other than an article ("a," "an," or "the").
5. The repeated word must be spelled exactly as the word was spelled in the previous title, e.g., "prune" is not the same word as "prunes," and "loyal" is not the same word as "loyalty."
6. The repeated word must be in the title as shown in a LT library listing, or on the title page of the book. A sub-title or a series name can be included if the sub-title or series name is included in the title of a LT library listing, or is printed on the title page of the book.
7. A hyphenated word is one word, not two, e.g., "thunder-clouds," and if used must be repeated in full, not in part only.
8. No repeats on current thread.
9. If you have read the book it would be informative that you so indicate and tell when you read it, if you can.
10. Try to use Touchstones. Put brackets around the title and double brackets around the author. If Touchstones don't work, try using an HTML link.
The Age of Homespun: Objects and Stories in the Creation of an American Myth
by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
The Age of the grand tour: containing sketches of the manners, society and customs of France, Flanders, the United Provinces, Germany, Switzerland and Italy in the Letters, journals and writings of the most celebrated voyagers between the years 1720 and 1820, with descriptions of the most illustrious antiquities and curiosities in these countries, together with the story of such traffic by Anthony Burgess
// manners //
The Berenstain Bears Forget their Mannners
by Stan Berenstain
// Yankees //
Yankees Century; 100 years of New York
Yankees Baseball by Glenn Stout
2600. The London Yankees: Portraits of American Writers and Artists in England 1894-1914, by Stanley Weintraub (read 29 Apr 1994)
Hollywood Glamor Portraits: 145 Photos of Stars, 1926-1949 by John Kobal
// 145 //
Dungeon Magazine number 145; Demon Lord
of Isle of Dread by James Jacobs
ʻHistory of the Battle of Point Pleasant
West Virginia Fought between White Men
and Indians . . . the Chief Event of Lord
Dunmoreʻs Warʻ by Vergil Lewis
1382. The Rise of the West A History of the Human Community, by William H. McNeill (read 23 Mar 1976) (National Book Award History prize for 1964)
// community //
Greentown; Murder and Mystery in
Greenwich, A mericaʻs Wealthiest
Community by Timothy Dumas
5149. Salt of the Earth, Conscience of the Court The Story of Justice Wiley Rutledge, by John M. Ferren (read 13 Apr 2014)
430. Oedipus Myth and Complex: A Review of Psychoanalytic Theory, by Patrick Mullahy (read 4 May 1952)
5172. The Great Mortality An Intimate History of the Black Death, the Most Devastating Plague of All Time, by John Kelly (read 14 Jun 2014)
4842. Looking Far North The Harriman Expedition To Alaska 1899, by William H. Goetzmann and Kay Sloan (read 24 Jul 2011)
/ Harriman //
Life of the Party; the biography of
Pamela Digby Churchill Hayward Harriman
by Christopher Ogden
5121. The Aviators Eddie Rickenbacker, Jimmy Doolittle, Charles Lindbergh, and the Epic Age of Flight, by Winston Groom (read 8 Feb 2014)
// Rickenbacker //
Eddie Rickenbacker; an American Hero
in the Twentieth Century
by W. David Lewis
5070. The Blue Zones Second Edition 9 Lessons for Living Longer from the people who've lived the longest, by Dan Buettner (read 1 Oct 2013)
// Grammatical //
Grammaatical Aids for Students
of New Testament Greek
by Walter Mueller
2588. Islands at the Edge of Time: A Journey to America's Barrier Islands, by Gunnar Hansen (read 5 Mar 1994)
1468. Under the Shadow of His Wings: History of Sacred Heart Convent of Benedictine Sisters Yankton South Dakota 1880-1970, by Sister M. Claudia Duratschek, O.S.B. (read 24 Nov 1977)
4977. Official and Confidential The Secret Life of J. Edgar Hoover, by Anthony Summers (read 20 Nov 2012)
5038. Impeached The Trial of President Andrew Johnson and the Fight for Lincoln's Legacy, by David O. Stewart (read 28 Jun 2013)
4369. On Hitler's Mountain Overcoming the Legacy of a Nazi Childhood, by Irmgard A. Hunt (read 5 Oct 2007)
4098. The Monkey's Paw and Other Tales of Mystery and the Macabre, by W. W. Jacobs Compiled and with an Introduction by Gary Hoppenstand (read 29 Nov 2005)
The Groaning Shelf and Other Instances of Book Love by Pradeep Sebastian
Read and reviewed March 2015
This topic is not marked as primarily about any work, author or other topic.