Round 66 - Starting November 2nd, 2018
Join LibraryThing to post.
***This round is now complete***
The Australian Virtual Bookbox
• Everyone who wants to participate volunteers two books. These need to be books you believe others would like to read, not rubbish you want to get rid of.
• List of books that are available at VBBOZ Books and books owed at In Transit.
• If you would like to join, just let us know and you will be added to the next round.
• You have 36 hours to respond and have your turn. If it appears that you may not have been sent a PM about your turn you will be given an additional 12 hours. If we still haven’t heard from you, you will be bumped to the end. If you are bumped you will be given 48 hours at the end of the round to take your turn along with others on the bumped list. If you find yourself on the bumped list you may post a request to be added to the end of the main list and take your turn as usual.
• Once a book of yours is removed from the box, please send it as soon as possible.
• If a book stays on the available list for more than two rounds it will be moved to the books to be replaced collection. Please keep track of these and replace them during your turn.
• Mid-series or end-of-series books are allowed in the VBB, but please limit yourself to offering only one such book at any time.
• I will update books in the VBBOZ Library.
To join in you will need to have been a BookCrossing member for at least three months, and to have "wild released" at least ten books. This condition may be waived at my discretion.
On your turn:
1. Select the books that you want to take out of the box and list them in your post. (please keep all posts in the relevant thread)
2. Replace with the same number of books (or more) and link to the BookCrossing journal pages for each book(s).
3. Check the “Books to be replaced” collection and replace if needed.
4. If you want to skip your turn, you have the option to be placed at the bottom of the list for another try this round.
5. PM the owners of your selected books to notify them of your selection and address.
6. Please PM the next person to let them know they're up. You don't need to PM the next person if you are last on the main list. People on the bumped list will be PMed by vbboz.
The order of play is:
Bumped list: - It's your turn now
***You have books to be replaced
Although Carole888 has not been participating for a while, she left two books in the Donations list. I contacted her to ask whether she would like to rejoin us. At present she does not wish to rejoin, but kindly offered to replace the two books.
The new additions are:
The Nowhere Child by Christian White - https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15235929
The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton - https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14682121
I need to replace one of my books before the round starts. I remove Anything Is Possible by Elizabeth Strout and put in Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14608884
Before the round begins, I will remove six books from the Donations list as they have been sitting there for too long:
The Lost Continent
A Darker Domain
Artemis Fowl - The Eternity Code
And I'll add the following books to the Donations list to freshen it up a bit:
Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/2904925
Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/10282219
Saving Faith by David Baldacci - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/12053884
Coastliners by Joanne Harris - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15266060
The Queen and I by Sue Townsend - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5016527
The Innocent by Harlan Coben - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15266073
The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15266026
I have three to replace - Emperor, Mister Monday, and Sunderlies Seeking.
I'd like to pick "Church of Marvels" from amberc.
I'm going to offer:
Fetish by Tara Moss - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15246320/
Poison Fruit by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15246289/
Sarah by Orson Scott Card - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15246333/
I Thirst for You by Susan Sizemore - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/10399037/
I'll PM amberc and freelunch
I will replace:
Pecked to death by ducks
The Coincidence makers
The secret of midwives
I would like to read;
He Who Fears The Wolf (crimson-tide)
Three Things About Elsie (jeniwren)
I will offer:
Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese. www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13261099
The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13399625
Otherworld Nights by Kelley Armstrong www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13138386
The Seven Imperfect Rules of Elvira Carr www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15195952
I will PM crimson-tide and jeniwren
I shall pass on this round. I've contacted lolkathryn to let her know it's her turn.
I will pick The Nowhere Child by Christian White and I will put in Normal People by Sally Rooney http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15273512
I will PM Carole888. Do I need to PM anyone else or is the round finished?
Thanks jeniwren, but no need. I will contact the two on the bumped list for another chance and then close off the round on Friday evening.
Sorry for the late participation! I was sick last week and my baby turned 1 (!!). I need to remove Cloud Atlas, and I will take 'Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine'. I will replace with
A Town Like Alice http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14893203
THe Stalking of Julia Gillard http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14027486
I will PM jeniwren now
Join to post
You must be a member of this group to post.
This topic is not marked as primarily about any work, author or other topic.