Android bar code scanner seems not to use source list
Join LibraryThing to post.
Android app version: 1.1.0 (build 25)
Android version: 9.0
Problem: scan book with bar code produces no results although ISBN is found on same source on website
Steps to reproduce:
- on phone: from "Home", "Account", select only one source ("Biblioteca Naţională a României")
- on phone: scan book with bar code - checked that correct ISBN is read by the bar code reader
- on phone: no results are found
- on website: manually add bar code on website and use same source ("Biblioteca Naţională a României")
- on website: book is found - but I do not add it to my collection
- on phone: scan book with bar code
- on phone: book is now found!!
Based on the above maybe the app always uses only overcat (and a manual website search would add the book to overcat).
Please advise if there is any way to use the app.
Pretty sure this is a known issue as reported in the second thread you link to.
This topic is part of LibraryThing's in-talk bug tracking.
Join or watch Bug Collectors to get "Bug Tracking" under "The World" in Talk all the time.
Assigned to all
Reported by vladmihaisima
Status: Closed by staff
Feb 21, 1:37pm
93 days since last change
This topic is not marked as primarily about any work, author or other topic.