Tremonton City Library
Web site: http://www.tremontoncity.com/library.main.html
Description: From the library website:
History of the library:
1914 - The Economic Club organized for purpose of establishing a reading room under the direction of Mrs. W.E. Hadly. Mrs. Harry Gephart and Mrs. Alvin Keller
1915 - Founded library shelf in Mrs. Frisby's hat shop Mrs. Frisby as librarian.
1918 - Economic Club presented library to city of Tremonton.
1914-1930 - Book showers, bake sales, banquets and later the yearly May Festival, were the constant relentless fund-raising projects directed at providing library service to the community.
1920 - Commercial Club offered use of their rooms, rent free, Economic Club purchased materials for shelving.
1922 - Library Board and city council rented south annex of bank building.
1923 - Increased rental forced to move to upstairs of the Waldron Building. (Hamilton Drug) Economic Club contributed $3,000.00 to assist in building present building.
1930 - Library dedicated.
1960 to 1988 - With the increased population and circulation in the past 20 years, many people have worked toward the dream of enlarging the library. Now, thanks to Jay Dee and Alice C. Harris the dream has come true with the beautiful addition and remodeling of the existing building which doubled the space.
1988-Present - The technology age has entered the Library with computers for accessing the collection, checking in and out and internet computers available to the public.
Added by: xrob. Contacted: Not contacted. Venue ID: 21403
No Local Book Search
Not integrated with LibraryThing's Local Book Search. (find out more)
The venues and events in LibraryThing can also be found in the handy iPhone Application Readar.» Get Readar