Photo by SqueakyChu.
The Book Thing of Baltimore, Inc.
New/Used: Not set
Web site: http://www.bookthing.org/
Description: Our mission is to put unwanted books into the hands of those who want them.
* Are the books really free? Yup.
* Really? Yes.
* Absolutely free? Yes.
* What's the catch? All the books you take have to be stamped, "Not for Resale." That's it.
* What's the suggested donation? A smile.
* Is there a limit to how many books I can take? You can only take 150,000 per day per person.
* When are you open? 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekends. There is a drop-off bin by the garage door entrance for after-hours donations.
* Where do you get all of your books? We get them from businesses, organizations, and individuals who no longer have any need for them.
* How can I help? Volunteer and check out our wish list.
Added by: SqueakyChu. Contacted: Not contacted. Venue ID: 357
Favorites: Caroline77, Albertos, Librariasaurus, pmackey, CharlemangeOKeeffe, Audacity88, revisetheessay, katycat, jennaline, rjwalshe, iris354, iPhysicist, mmmmaaaacccckkkk, melydia, florafloraflora, LaurenCooper, private, LilPatoodle, SqueakyChu, Yervant, BDG — 8 more, nnicula, roadsroadsroads, MyriadBooks, aznstarlette, intelligo, PitcherBooks, agrotke, jagmuse
Visited: SqueakyChu, Yervant
SqueakyChu (117), CharlemangeOKeeffe (83), melannen (29), Audacity88 (10), pmackey (7), cjsdg (5), honkcronk (1)
No Local Book Search
Not integrated with LibraryThing's Local Book Search. (find out more)
The venues and events in LibraryThing can also be found in the handy iPhone Application Readar.» Get Readar