ATLAS Building-Black Box Theater
Web site: http://www.colorado.edu/atlas/
Description: ATLAS Overview
ATLAS is an innovative campus-wide initiative in education, research, creative work and
outreach in which information and communication technology is the enabling force. ATLAS
programs bring together students, educators, artists, writers, scholars and leaders from the
academy, industry, non-profits and government to create a multidisciplinary environment that contributes to the understanding of the interaction of ICT and human society, and to the
realization of the full potential of that interaction.
ATLAS is distinguished by its efforts to:
- Establish collaborative multidisciplinary partnerships and programs.
- Prepare, attract and recruit a highly qualified and diverse student population.
- Help prepare these students for lives and leadership careers
in the networked information age.
What We Do
ATLAS teaches students a new way to think about what is possible, and to use the computer as a tool to realize fully that vision. ATLAS teaches students not how to acquire information, but rather how to select, evaluate, integrate and synthesize information into usable knowledge. ATLAS acts
as a campus and national resource in the area of technology for teaching and learning.
ATLAS programs make people more capable learners, more effective teachers, more creative thinkers, and more engaged citizens, citizens who are technologically literate, globally aware,
and prepared to employ new technologies as they emerge. ATLAS blurs the lines between
teacher and student, between laboratory and society and between art and science.
Current ATLAS Programs
- Technology, Media and Society Ph.D.
- Professional MS degree in ICT for Development
- Technology, Arts and Media undergraduate minor
- Center for Media, Arts, and Performance
- Outreach partnerships with K-12 schools
- Home to the headquarters of the National Center
for Women and Information Technology
- Assessment Research Center
Added by: Larellano. Contacted: Not contacted. Venue ID: 68944
No Local Book Search
Not integrated with LibraryThing's Local Book Search. (find out more)
The venues and events in LibraryThing can also be found in the handy iPhone Application Readar.» Get Readar