Spydus server release 8.4.x includes an interface to LibraryThing for Libraries in a frameless OPAC. This interface provides data enhancements from LibraryThing which is inserted into the full display of the bibliographic record in the OPAC.
Civica will commission the LTFL enhancements for you. We will send on your account information to a Civica representative to have the LTFL enhancements added to your OPAC. The only part you need to take care of is the recurring exporting and uploading of your records.
Once an account has been established, the Library must upload a file containing ISBN data for all the bibliographic records in their database. This file can be a tab delimited file containing ISBN, title, author or a file of MARC records (the MARC file format is preferred). LibraryThing will need to index the data once it has been uploaded in order for it to appear in the library OPAC.
The basic process is:
- Login to the staff web interface in Spydus and open the Operations menu.
- Select the LibraryThing File Export option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to output details for all records, or for updated records selecting MARC(F).
- Log on to the LibraryThing for Libraries website http://www.librarything.com/forlibraries (using your LTFL Account name and password - Refer to Welcome email from LibraryThing for this information).
- Then click on the Enhancements tab.
- Click on Upload holdings and be sure to choose the 'Action' Add additional items.
- If you are undertaking a complete upload which is required perodically to deal with deletions etc choose the 'Action' Replace all items.
- NB - It's imperative you choose the correct 'Action' - Add is for adding new items. Replace is a complete upload of all your ISBN data.
- Enter you email address to receive the notification that your files have been indexed, this usually happens overnight.
You can change the styles and the way each enhancement appears using CSS on the Global Configuration page, as well as the configure pages for each individual enhancement.
Read here for more tips on configuring your enhancements, including adding headers, changing colors, and including cover images: Customize LTFL in your catalog