HelpThing was written by members like you, with some help from LibraryThing staff.
View a list of all of the HelpThing topics.
The first rule of HelpThing is "be bold!" If you can add or edit it, go ahead. We also have a HelpThing Style Guide.
If you are on Facebook, you can link your LibraryThing account to your Facebook account, which allows you to share information about your LibraryThing activity on Facebook, find friends who are on Facebook and LibraryThing, and invite people on Facebook to LibraryThing.
!! This page needs verification by someone who uses the Facebook integration. !!
 How to link your accounts
Important note for those using shared computers: Before you begin, go to Facebook and make sure that you are signed in to one and only one account, the account you want to link to LibraryThing.
There are two ways to set up your Facebook link:
- From "edit profile," click "sites/app," then click "Link with Facebook"
- From "Your Feed," click "share this" an item you want to share on Facebook, select the Facebook tab, then click the link that says "Link with Facebook."
This will take you to a page on Facebook where you can authorize the LibraryThing app; you may need to sign in to Facebook first. On that page, follow any instructions to authorize the "LibraryThing Books" application. (Note that there are other, non-official LibraryThing apps on Facebook; for LibraryThing's Facebook integration features to work, make sure that you are authorizing the correct app.)
You'll then be redirected back to LibraryThing, where you'll see a confirmation message that your account has been successfully linked.
 How can I share something on Facebook?
 From Your Feed
Go to "Your Feed," by clicking on the feed icon at the top of any LibraryThing page. There you'll see a list of all your recent activity on LibraryThing. (Note that your feed and the sharing features are currently in development. Don't worry: you're the only one who can see your feed page. You have full control over what and whether to share.)
Click on any item you'd like to share on Facebook, and click "Share this." Select the Facebook tab if necessary. If you've already set up your Facebook integration, you will see a box with some suggested text for your Facebook post, which you can edit if you want. Once you're satisfied with your text, submit it.
 From other pages
You can also share your reviews on Facebook, directly from your Reviews page. From your profile or home page, click "Reviews" to see a list of all your reviews. To post one to Facebook, click the Facebook icon at the end of the review. This will immediately post to Facebook; note that, currently, items posted directly from the review page cannot be edited first.
 How can I find friends on Facebook?
On your Edit Profile and Account Settings page, the Friend Finder section will allow you to find Facebook Friends who are also on LibraryThing, and to invite those who aren't. Note that Friend Finder messages and invites will be posted on your friend's wall. See instructions and feature announcement.
 How can I unlink my Facebook and LibraryThing accounts?
To unlink your Facebook and LibraryThing accounts, go to "edit profile," click on "sites/apps," then click the link for "Unlink your Facebook account." You will then see a confirmation that your account has been unlinked.
 What else can I do with Facebook and LibraryThing?
- Follow LibraryThing on Facebook: LibraryThing's Facebook page
 Known issues
- The share checkbox on the work page is not currently working.
- Some users have occasionally reported problems posting reviews; one work-around suggested is to unlink and then relink your Facebook and LibraryThing accounts. Talk post
- LibraryThing Books app on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=79305890602
- Feature announcement for Friend Finder Facebook Integration: http://www.librarything.com/blogs/librarything/2011/08/find-your-friends-on-librarything/
- Feature announcement for Phase 1 of Facebook Integration (posting reviews only): http://www.librarything.com/blogs/librarything/2010/05/librarything-facebook-integration-phase-1/