HelpThing was written by members like you, with some help from LibraryThing staff.
View a list of all of the HelpThing topics.
The first rule of HelpThing is "be bold!" If you can add or edit it, go ahead. We also have a HelpThing Style Guide.
Pictures on LibraryThing come from members like you. You can upload pictures of authors, venues, book covers, and more!
 Adding Pictures
There are two ways to upload photos:
- Upload a file saved to your computer
- Grab an image directly from a web site
If you'd like to upload high-quality images, that's great, but keep in mind the file size limit of 600k. Large images are scaled for display.
 Grab by URL
Easy as pie. Type the URL for the image and click grab, and LibraryThing will upload it for you. Please note that this is the web address for the *image*, not just the page it's found on.
Hint: To avoid typing errors
- First, delete the http:// in the Grab by URL box.
- Open another browser tab or window, and go to the web page with your cover image. Right click on the image you want, then choose Copy Image Location from the menu.
- In the LibraryThing tab, right-click on the box under Grab by URL, then choose Paste from the menu.
For each picture, add the credit (if any) and information about copyright permission. The LibraryThing member who submitted the picture is given credit below the image.
 Make this the default photo
The default photo will display for the author gallery, author page, and any future author features LibraryThing may develop.
 Notes and Frequently Asked Questions
 Member-taken photos
If you as LibraryThing member took a photograph, you can grant the site permission to use it. See LT's photo policy for more info.
 Is there a place that lists all my authors that don't have photos so that I can fix that?
Yes! Your Gallery page includes an option to view all of the author names without pictures loaded for them. See gallery page help for more information.