HelpThing was written by members like you, with some help from LibraryThing staff.
View a list of all of the HelpThing topics.
The first rule of HelpThing is "be bold!" If you can add or edit it, go ahead. We also have a HelpThing Style Guide.
If you are on Twitter, you can link your LibraryThing account to your Twitter account, which allows you to share information about your LibraryThing activity on Twitter, find friends who are on Twitter and LibraryThing, and invite people on Twitter to LibraryThing.
 How to link your accounts
There are two ways to set up your Twitter link:
- From "edit profile," click "sites/app," then click "Link with Twitter"
- From "Your Feed," click "share this" an item you want to share on Twitter, select the Twitter tab, then click the link that says "Link with Twitter."
This will take you to a page on Twitter where you can authorize the LibraryThing app. On that page, click "Authorize App" to confirm the link. (If you are not already signed in to Twitter, you will see a "Sign In" link instead.)
You'll then be redirected back to LibraryThing, where you'll see a confirmation message that your account has been successfully linked.
 How can I share something on Twitter?
 From Your Feed
Go to "Your Feed," by clicking on the feed icon at the top of any LibraryThing page. There you'll see a list of all your recent activity on LibraryThing. (Note that your feed and the sharing features are currently in development. Don't worry: you're the only one who can see your feed page. You have full control over what and whether to share.)
Click on any item you'd like to share on Twitter, and click "Share this." Select the Twitter tab if necessary. If you've already set up your Twitter integration, you will see a box with some suggested text for your Twitter post, which you can edit if you want. Once you're satisfied with your Tweet, click "Tweet this!"
 From other pages
You can also tweet your reviews directly from your Reviews page. From your profile or home page, click "Reviews" to see a list of all your reviews. To post one to Twitter, click the twitter icon at the end of the review. This will immediately post a tweet; note that, currently, tweets posted directly from the review page cannot be edited first.
- Oops! I hit the button twice! No worries. LibraryThing will notice, and send you an error message that you tried to post a duplicate review.
- Legacy Libraries that share books with you: From your Statistics: Legacy Libraries page, click the Twitter link in the "Spread This" box. This will let post a tweet (editable) with a link to the books you share with dead people.
 How can I find friends on Twitter?
On your Edit Profile and Account Settings page, the Friend Finder section will allow you to find people you follow on Twitter who are also on LibraryThing, and to invite those who aren't. See instructions.
 How can I unlink my Twitter and LibraryThing accounts?
To unlink your Twitter and LibraryThing accounts, go to "edit profile," click on "sites/apps," then click the link for "Unlink your Twitter account." You will then see a confirmation that your account has been unlinked.
 What else can I do with Twitter and LibraryThing?
- Follow LibraryThing on Twitter
- Author Twitter feeds - Add a Twitter feed link to an author's page
- Venue Twitter links - Add a Twitter feed link to a venue's page
- Add books via Twitter (Note that this page is out of date, and it's unclear whether this feature is still operational.)
 Known issues
The share checkbox on the work page is not currently working.