What is LibraryThing Member Giveaways (LTMG)?
Member Giveaways is an informal way for any author or member to list books to give away. Anyone can give away books, you don't have to be affiliated with a publishing house. Optionally, you can request that the winner reviews the book, but the winner will not be penalized if they do not review.
 How can I get books from Member Giveaways?
- Sign up. You have to have a LibraryThing membership--which is free--to apply for books. No purchase is necessary. If you're already signed up for LTER, then you're automatically signed up for LTMG as well.
- Check out the list of available LTMG books and indicate which one(s) you're interested in reading and reviewing. The flag icons indicate which countries the book can be shipped to.
- At the end of the indicated giveaway period, winners will be randomly selected. You will receive a comment on your profile page letting you know whether you've won a book or not.
- If you request a book from LTMG, you understand that another member will be given your mailing address.
- Winners for LTMG are picked randomly. Winners are selected by LibraryThing, whose decision is final.
- As with LTER, LTMG winners are encouraged but not required to review the books they receive.
- LibraryThing takes no responsibility for books sent or received.
 How do I give away books with the Member Giveaways program?
To post a book for a Member Giveaway, at least one of the following must be true:
- You are a LibraryThing Author
- You have at least 50 books in your LibraryThing account
- You have a paid LibraryThing account
If you meet these minimum requirements, then just click "Post a Giveaway" and follow the instructions screen.
- You may not add any additional terms to the giveaway, per the rules.
- The member offering the giveaway decides how many review copies to offer (there is no minimum - you can offer just one copy if that's all you have), which countries they're willing to send them to, and what the giveaway time period will be.
- You are responsible for the shipment of all books, to the winner(s) selected by LibraryThing. LibraryThing takes no responsibility for books sent or received. Do NOT send books to LibraryThing; we're not trudging to the Post Office for you.
- You agree to never share the mailing addresses that you're given, and never to send anything other than the book.
- There is no requirement that the winner (who is picked randomly) must review the book.
If you are an author, and would like to find a member to review your book, we've set up a special group for you. Member Giveaways works too, although you'll not have control over who wins the book (they're picked randomly), and the winner is not required to review the book. Read more about options for authors.
 How do you know where to send the book?
You give us your name and full mailing address when you sign up for Member Giveaways and Early Reviewers. You can check or change your address at any point -- make sure it's current! Some publishers ship FedEx, which doesn't deliver to PO Boxes. If you have a PO Box, please include a street address as well. Check/change your address
If you're the giver, you can get the list of winners on the Winners page, which is found on the Member Giveaway page.
 I'm moving! How do I make sure I get my book?
Update your address for upcoming giveaways.
If you've already moved, or you're moving soon, we suggest you set up mail forwarding with your post office. LibraryThing is not responsible for books that end up lost in the mail, or never arrive.
 Where do I post my review?
First, add the book to your LibraryThing catalog. Then click the "edit" icon next to the book, or click "edit book" from the work page. Type your review into the Review box, and click "submit" to save it.
A book will be considered "reviewed" if a review is posted to LibraryThing and is composed of at least 25 words. Reviews may include but not solely consist of a URL.
More review tips can be found here.
 Can I give away eBooks?
You can give out eBooks, but you cannot giveaway books that are freely available elsewhere. This means you cannot post eBooks that you also provide free access to online. You also must make sure to check the box indicating that the book is an eBook.
 How do I remove myself from Member Giveaways?
Sign in to your Member Giveaways profile page, and click the link next to your name.
 How will I find out if I won a book?
At the end of each round for which you requested a book, we'll post a comment to your profile page letting you know if you did (or didn't) win a book. You'll see a yellow highlighted area labeled "new comment". Click on that to see if you've won or not.