This is a list of things that I'm working on. It isn't a complete list because I often work on things that we want to keep secret for a short time. Those items are excluded from each daily entry. I'll try to keep this up to date, but I can't promise the world. If you want to subscribe to this page you can via the RSS logo on the right.
- I'm currently spending about 90% of my time doing projects for LibraryThing for Libraries, our library-data division of the company. Most of that work is just as cool as the LT.com side but since none of you really have a chance to see it I won't bore you with the detailed work log here. When I am working on an LT project I'll try to keep this updated again.
I was gone for most of the second half of 2010 because my wife was diagnosed with cancer, had surgery, chemo therapy, and radiation treatments. During that time I took time off to be with her and take care of my daughter. Ashley is doing much better now and I'm back at work.
- I really need to start keeping this up to date. I'm ashamed.
- Published Reviews section for work pages (kinda like metacritic) ready to go. Just doing some beta testing.
- Concise version of CK for work pages is about ready to go. I'm not sure if it's going to make the cut, though I like it.
- Working to modify the site-wide cookie handling so that we can alleviate some of the problems that people have been having with cookies since the move to the new servers. We're aiming to remove all but 3 of the browser cookies. As a bonus this will reduce load times also.
- Collections are officially in beta. So I'm pretty much working my ass off fixing bugs. No sunlight for me.
- Fixed 2009 being treated as invalid date in profile stats
- Took the day off to spend with my daughter. It was Mardi Gras so all of the schools are out here. :)
- Working through Favorites functionality on book pages and collections in general.
- Working through Review this book functionality on book pages.
- Collections are almost here.
- What does "almost here" mean?
- I had hoped to release by Feb 25 but it might get pushed back to March 2nd or March 9th depending on how things work out. We might not make the deadline for the 25th and we're having our annual (semi-annual? bi-annual? every-once-in-a-while-annual?) LT developer conference* the first week in March so that kinda throws the timing off a bit. *conference: meaning a few people in a room drinking lots of coke, wine, and other spirits and debating obscure knowledge of cheeses and ancient history.
- More collections and catalog juggling.
- added link to profile for username in masthead. Why wasn't this there all the time?
- cleaned up a few of the wikiThing pages.
- Wow I've been remiss in updating this list. To be fair, I've been pretty remiss in updating our internal changelog too. I'll probably be fired for that.
- Fix for some orphaned reviews showing up on work review pages because somebody provided a direct link to the review page, even though the book has since been deleted from the system (and therefore has no user information attached to it)
- Collections nav for the main catalog