HelpThing was written by members like you, with some help from LibraryThing staff.
View a list of all of the HelpThing topics.
The first rule of HelpThing is "be bold!" If you can add or edit it, go ahead. We also have a HelpThing Style Guide.
The LibraryThing Galleries are for storing and managing pictures for several areas of LibraryThing. Members can also browse pictures recently uploaded to LibraryThing, "snag" pictures uploaded by others, and flag incorrect or inappropriate author and venue images.
There are four kinds of galleries:
- Member Galleries, where members can upload and manage pictures for their profile and their personal use;
- Author Galleries, where members can see and manage pictures for Author pages;
- Venue Pictures, where members can see and manage pictures for LibraryThing Local venues.
- Group Galleries, where members can add and see pictures for their Groups.
 Member Gallery
Every member has a LibraryThing Gallery where they can upload, store, and share pictures. Each member may upload up to 250 images.
 Image Organization
 Member Gallery
The Member Gallery is your main storage space and is meant for images you want to keep and let other members browse.
 Junk Drawer
The Junk Drawer is designed for holding screenshots and pictures for Talk. Pictures are visible to all, but do not show up in your member gallery. Other members cannot see pictures in your Junk Drawer unless they have a direct link to the image.
 Uploading Images
From your profile:
- Click on your profile picture or 'Your member gallery' in the right sidebar.
- Choose 'add another picture' from the left.
The 'upload image' box will open. Here you can:
- Browse to an image on your computer or paste in the URL of an image located online.
- Choose whether the image will be uploaded to your 'Member Gallery' or 'Junk Drawer.'
- Make the image your profile image.
- Choose to allow or disallow comments on the image.
- Choose to allow other members to snag (re-use) your image.
- Add tags to your image.
- Add a copyright statement to your image (click 'advanced').
 Editing & Deleting Images
Once an image has been uploaded, you can browse to it in either your Member Gallery or your Junk Drawer. Clicking on the image will reveal options to edit or delete it. Choosing 'edit' will open the same options you see when you first upload an image. Choosing 'delete' will ask you to confirm deletion before deleting the image.
 Viewing Images
 Your Gallery
Access your pictures by clicking the link directly below your profile image which tells you how many pictures you have uploaded to your member gallery or by clicking 'Your member gallery' in the right sidebar. Links at the left allow you to toggle between your Member Gallery, which is publicly viewable to all, and your Junk Drawer, which is viewable only to you unless you share the direct link to a picture.
 Others' Galleries
From their profile page, access their Member Gallery by clicking on the link below their profile picture which reads 'See all # images.'
You can browse their images and view large versions (if available) by clicking on the image. You can also comment on images if they have enabled comments.