Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

Drums of Autumn (1997)

by Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander (4)

Recently added byrena75, Mace1414, KKuffel, Letegretsoo, private library, UYD4LYF, heatherkinard

English (129)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (134)
Audio narrated by Davina Porter, Jamie and Claire are now in America. Jamie and Claire are in America with Ian and Fergus trying to make their way to kin. We also get flashes of Brianna and Roger in 1969 and 1970. So many trials and tribulations. It becomes very clear just how tough it was in the past. Jamie and Claire's life is never easy but their love is a rock. Brianna and Roger have no easier road.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I really enjoyed this book! As always Jamie and Claire were great. There were a lot of things I liked about this book. We got to know a little more about Brianna and Roger. I really enjoyed the history aspect of the story. The only thing I had against the book was the length of it but in my opinion it was worth the read. ( )
  CurlUpAndRead | Jun 10, 2019 |
If Gabaldon could have concentrated on the story at hand, I'd have enjoyed this so much more. I'm not sure why she thinks she can tell the story of black slavery and native Americans better than other story tellers but there you go. Take out some of the superfluous story and it would have flowed much better.

The daughter/rape story line needed editing down, with the case of the 'mistaken identity of the attacker' by Jamie coming off as ridiculous. Lord Grey provided much needed light relief albeit with lots of knowing winks.

Starting to think that the tv series will start to do the books more justice than a reading will. And if it strips some of the superfluousness out, then I'll be switching over! ( )
  libgirl69 | May 27, 2019 |
My reread finishes. Now onto books I never read... (Also, damn, but Gabaldon is verbose.) ( )
  ladypembroke | May 17, 2019 |
It took me a long time to finish this book but that was only because I had a lot of other stuff going on and had to read for book battle too. In typical Diana Gabaldon fashion there is plenty of action and fun in this one. I love the way the series is moving forward especially with the addition of Brianna and Roger. I love Diana Gabaldon's writing style as it makes for easy reading and it definitely doesn't make the book seem so long. Stephen Bonnet is a ruthless "bad" guy and even though I feel no one can live up to the ultimate bad guy who is Jack Randall he definitely comes close! I can't wait to start watching this season's episodes on Starz! ( )
  KeriLynneD | Mar 23, 2019 |

Diana Gabaldonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Craft, KinukoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Porter, DavinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Regös, FerencCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schnell, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Er verdwijnen altijd wel ergens mensen. De meeste vermisten worden uiteindelijk teruggevonden, dood of levend. Voor verdwijningen bestaan nu eenmaal verklaringen. Meestal
This book turned out to have a lot to do with fathers, and so it's for my own father, Tony Gabaldon, who also tells stories.
I've never been afraid of ghosts.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 044022425X, Mass Market Paperback)

Set in pre-Revolutionary War America, readers finally have the much awaited fourth book in what will probably become a six book series (The Outlander series). The talented Diana Gabaldon continues Claire and Jamie's romantic love affair, and introduces Brianna and Roger's story. Eight hundred pages, and several wonderful new characters later, we wonder why we were waiting for a conclusion. It'll be a long wait for book five, so I recommend you go back and reread Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, and Voyager to keep yourself sane.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:51 -0400)

A Scottish couple travels back in time to Charleston on the eve of the American revolution and seeks peace and freedom in the mountain wilderness.

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,628,723 books! | Top bar: Always visible