Heartless by Gail Carriger
Authors:Gail Carriger
Info:Orbit (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Heartless by Gail Carriger

English (100)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (102)
Loved it! I think what gets me the most about this series is the mixture of the comedy when they are in dire situations. I'm sure there are other books that do that out there, but this is a first for me so I'm truly enjoying it. Then you add the supernatural stuff and I'm hooked. The descriptions used when Alexia is moving about in her pregnant state were funny as well and rang all too true to someone who's been pregnant three times. I'm also adoring how much the couple still shows their love for each other. I was saddened in this book to find out who that "bad guy" was because even when all the signs were pointing that way, I still wanted it not to be true. I'm curious how that will end up playing out in the next (last?) book. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
There are so many secrets in this installation. It seems like everyone is hiding something, and Alexia needs to figure out what it is. She finds out things about her father, and those close to her. And I absolutely love Ivy in this book. She is always a source of quick laughs, and not as dull minded as people think.

We also find a possible solution to the vampires no longer being angry about Alexia’s infant inconvenience. (I swear if I had read these books while I was pregnant that would have been little bean’s nickname.) I loved how Alexia is always very practical, and tells her baby bump when it’s not a good time for her to come.

The shenanigans are endless, and we learn so much about various characters. Now on to read Timeless! ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Great fun as usual! Alexia always becomes embroiled in such complicated misadventures. There's quite a bit of stirring up the paste the Woolsey pack and also Alexia's father. A bit chaotic at the end and the consequences were a little obvious but still enjoyed it. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
The ending was a little bit ridiculous but then...it's steampunk. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
Heartless is is the fourth novel in the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger.

Plot:
Alexia Tarabotti is eight months pregnant. But that doesn’t make her life any less demanding or her any less willing to take the demands on, even if slightly limited in her mobility. When a ghost appears in her living room, warning her and her husband Conall about an assassination attempt on the Queen, Alexia starts to investigate – she wouldn’t have it any other way. But between imminent childbirth, her sister Felicity and undead porcupines, investigations are not easily handled. Even if one’s husband is a handsome werewolf.

Heartless is another thoroughly enjoyable read in the series. Although I didn’t like all parts equally, I love how the characters in this world and the world itself continue to grow.

Read more on my blog: http://kalafudra.com/2015/10/15/heartless-gail-carriger/ ( )
  kalafudra | Nov 26, 2015 |

Gail Carrigerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gray, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ricci, DonnaCover modelsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Notation to the Records, Subject P-464-AT, Alexia Tarabotti
Archivist: Mr. Phinkerlington, junior clerk, aethographic transmission specialist, second class
Subject P-464-AT is with child, sire unknown.

Lady Alexia Maccon, soulless, is at it again, only this time the trouble is not her fault. When a mad ghost threatens the queen, Alexia is on the case, following a trail that leads her deep into her husband's past. Top that off with a sister who has joined the suffragette movement (shocking!), Madame Lefoux's latest mechanical invention, and a plague of zombie porcupines and Alexia barely has time to remember she happens to be eight months pregnant.

Will Alexia manage to determine who is trying to kill Queen Victoria before it is too late? Is it the vampires again or is there a traitor lurking about in wolf's clothing? And what, exactly, has taken up residence in Lord Akeldama's second best closet?

-Back cover

140 wanted4 pay3 pay

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,843,400 books! | Top bar: Always visible