Heartless by Gail Carriger
Authors:Gail Carriger
Info:Orbit (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Heartless by Gail Carriger

English (98)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (100)
Great fun as usual! Alexia always becomes embroiled in such complicated misadventures. There's quite a bit of stirring up the paste the Woolsey pack and also Alexia's father. A bit chaotic at the end and the consequences were a little obvious but still enjoyed it. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
The ending was a little bit ridiculous but then...it's steampunk. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
Heartless is is the fourth novel in the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger.

Plot:
Alexia Tarabotti is eight months pregnant. But that doesn’t make her life any less demanding or her any less willing to take the demands on, even if slightly limited in her mobility. When a ghost appears in her living room, warning her and her husband Conall about an assassination attempt on the Queen, Alexia starts to investigate – she wouldn’t have it any other way. But between imminent childbirth, her sister Felicity and undead porcupines, investigations are not easily handled. Even if one’s husband is a handsome werewolf.

Heartless is another thoroughly enjoyable read in the series. Although I didn’t like all parts equally, I love how the characters in this world and the world itself continue to grow.

Read more on my blog: http://kalafudra.com/2015/10/15/heartless-gail-carriger/ ( )
  kalafudra | Nov 26, 2015 |
Alexia is extremely pregnant and trying to figure out who is threatening the Queen and why. She refuses to let her pregnancy put her out of commission. She fears that this is related to her husbands old packs attempt on the Queen, so she begins to look into the past. She learns unexpected information not only about the pack about about her own history as well.

I finally feel like Alexia is back to being the tough lady that I met in the first book, and because of that I no longer feel quite so frustrated. She wasn't willing to let anyone stop her from doing her job this time around. I was also super excited to learn more about Prof. Lyall, who has always been one of my favorite characters. He definitely has a lot of secrets and each one that gets revealed gives you a little bit more insight into him and the pack. I was super excited to learn that him and Alexia have a tie I wasn't expecting. I am also really beginning to like Biffy and I hope to see more of him.

I definitely didn't figure out the mystery ahead of time this time. To be honest I was so into watching everyone interact with each other that I forgot there was a mystery going on most of the time. But I liked the unexpected twists and I thought the solutions Alexia came up with will make for an interesting next book.

I definitely want to know more about the baby. Totally didn't understand why the Vampires are so afraid of her and I can't wait to what happens next. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Gail Carrigerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gray, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ricci, DonnaCover modelsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Notation to the Records, Subject P-464-AT, Alexia Tarabotti
Archivist: Mr. Phinkerlington, junior clerk, aethographic transmission specialist, second class
Subject P-464-AT is with child, sire unknown.

Lady Alexia Maccon, soulless, is at it again, only this time the trouble is not her fault. When a mad ghost threatens the queen, Alexia is on the case, following a trail that leads her deep into her husband's past. Top that off with a sister who has joined the suffragette movement (shocking!), Madame Lefoux's latest mechanical invention, and a plague of zombie porcupines and Alexia barely has time to remember she happens to be eight months pregnant.

Will Alexia manage to determine who is trying to kill Queen Victoria before it is too late? Is it the vampires again or is there a traitor lurking about in wolf's clothing? And what, exactly, has taken up residence in Lord Akeldama's second best closet?

-Back cover

140 wanted4 pay3 pay

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,262,838 books! | Top bar: Always visible