Timeless by Gail Carriger

Timeless

by Gail Carriger

Series: Parasol Protectorate (5), Parasol Universe (9)

English (105)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  All languages (107)
As silly as it needed to be :) ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
The last book in the Parasol Protectorate series is a good advertisement for the rule about leaving the game while you’re winning: the story is still strong, the characters as entertaining as ever, and many new threads hint at possible developments for the future. Yet Gail Carriger decided to consign Alexia Tarabotti Maccon & Friends to history, so to speak, letting them go to make room for new players. If it was a planned choice to avoid having the characters overstay their welcome, it was indeed a brilliant one, even though I know I will sorely miss these characters and their adventures.

FULL REVIEW AT Space and Sorcery Blog ( )
  SpaceandSorcery | Dec 25, 2018 |
The final Parasol Protectorate novel was everything I could hope it would be. We get answers to some long-held secrets. We see characters come into their own. We get the resolutions to some long-standing issues. Plus, we get the future direction of Alexia Maccon's story. It has a bit more excitement than normal, plenty of drama and etiquette lessons, as well as a fantastic sense of family and love. I have always been a fan of Lord and Lady Maccon, but somehow, this last novel in the series served to solidify my love for the entire cast of characters with which Alexia surrounds herself. Emily Gray, as the narrator of the entire series, does an excellent job with all of the various voices, a daunting task indeed since she must tackle not just male and female roles, but also those of children as well as Scottish, English, Italian, French, and Egyptian dialects. She must traverse the wide swath of English dialects, from royal to lower class. She does all seemingly with ease. More importantly, her pronunciations and voices never waver from novel to novel so that without hearing a name, one knows immediately which character she is voicing. Her voice is pleasant to the ear with just the right amount of irony to it to highlight the satirical nature of the stories. I am going to miss the Parasol Protectorate, as I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, but I am glad to say that this is one series I finally finished.
  jmchshannon | Sep 17, 2018 |
In my world of books it is very sad when I find a new series that I adore and then find out it has very few books in it. This is how I feel coming to the end of this awesome series. At only five books I really want more! I’ll be picking up some of her other books that occur in the same world and can only hope that they are as great! ( )
  ChelleBearss | Jul 10, 2018 |
3.5/5 stars

I'm not sure if it was me, or the book that made me less interested in this than the other books in this series. It may have been the large amount of time between me reading the 4th book and the 5th book.

I did really enjoy the plot, and how the story wrapped up. It was quite interesting, yet still didn't feel like it was complete. I know that the story continues in Prudence, following Alexia's daughter. The first half of the book dragged a little. It took half the book for them to get to Egypt, yet we know they are going to go there from the blurb on the back. The latter half of the book just felt rushed, and a lot of the action happened in Egypt. I wish that there had been more pages devoted to the Maccon's being in Egypt, and more description and detail given to the events.

Alexia, was once again sarcastic, and sassy and I loved it. I also really enjoyed Prudence, so much personality in a little toddler. Their antics were fun yet again.

Overall, it was a pretty good conclusion, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. ( )
  jdifelice | Apr 10, 2018 |

Gail Carrigerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gray, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ricci, DonnaCover modelsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I said no such thing," grumbled Lord Maccon, allowing himself, begrudgingly, to be trussed in a new evening jacket.

Alexia Tarabotti, Lady Maccon, must answer a mystifying summons to Egypt from the world's oldest vampire. Meanwhile back in London, beta werewolf Professor Lyall and new pack member Biffy find love in unexpected places while investigating nefarious goings-on.… (more)

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,458,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible