I sussurri della notte by Jeaniene Frost

I sussurri della notte (edition 2012)

by Jeaniene Frost

702None13,780 (4.02)13
Member:blake16
Title:I sussurri della notte
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:Fanucci (2012), Paperback
Rating:***

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

English (45)  Italian (1)  All languages (46)
I just can't get enough of Cat and Bones! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
Glad to see Cat & Bones happy together again after the last actual "Night Huntress" installment. For me, Cat & Bones are the Eve & Roarke of the paranormal world and I didn't like seeing them at odds. So I enjoyed this one much more. I also admit that I cried like a baby during that last scene with Don. I think because I had a gruff uncle to died of cancer it really hit me. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
I listened to the audio version. Tavia Gilbert is brilliant as always.
She "is" Cat," she breathes Cat. But you can tell when it goes from speaker to speaker which when you have this many vampires/ghouls/voodoo queens is a good thing.

I love the series. I love Cat and Bones. I love the platoon-size cast of characters. But even I am tiring of it a bit.

There is not much I can say. If you have read the four before it, you know what to expect. Undead v. Undead, Vampires for the WIN! Peace is reigning in the Undead universe!!!!! Cue the confetti, let the baton twirlers loose, have the marching band strike up God Bless... well, never mind. We are talking the undead.

If you haven't read the four before it, go back to the beginning and start there. While this book "can" be a stand alone, it is much richer with the world already in place in your mind, characters firmly cast.

I would love to see a series of books about Marie, though. She is one kick-butt queen. ( )
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |
Make sure you read the Night Huntress World spin-offs before this book, or you will be a bit annoyed and confused. Here's the order:

Halfway to the Grave
One Foot in the Grave
At Grave's End
Destined for an Early Grave
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World)
Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World)
This Side of the Grave
One Grave at a Time
Once Burned (Night Prince)
Twice Tempted (Night Prince) ( )
  KateBond | Sep 20, 2013 |
I enjoyed reading this book, but found it was no where near the best of the Night Huntress books. In this book, we learn more about Mencheres. He is much different in this book than he has been in the past Cat & Bones books. You can definitely see the difference that Kira makes. Vlad also has a large part in this book, and is funny as ever. Cat also goes back to Tennessee and see her old team, uncle and mother (that brings more problems for Cat in more than one way).

We also see Cat interact with Marie the voodoo queen ghoul from New Orleans. Marie always seems to be putting herself exactly where see wants to be, but in a back-handed sort of way. Fabian has a very large part in this story. We learn a lot more about ghosts and what their abilities are

I would say that the story is not the best, but there is plenty of character development. I wouldn't say that this book is a "cliffhanger", but I would also say there is an incentive to pick up the next book (luckly it comes out this Fall). ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Matthew, Melissa, and Ilona,
for too many reasons to list.
The vampire pulled on the chaind restraining him to the cave wall.

When vampires begin to disappear and rumors of a new war surface, Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones are forced to align themselves with the ghoul queen of New Orleans.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,456,903 books! | Top bar: Always visible