Promise by Kristie Cook

Collections:Read
Rating:*****
Tags:Paranormal

Promise by Kristie Cook

I downloaded this book free and absolutly fell in love. Next thing I knew I was getting the box set 1-3 including the novella. I finished books 1-4 and novella in 4 days. Fell in love with every character and the whole story line. Can not wait until 08/ 16th. ( )
  bridgetcrusan | Apr 5, 2016 |
Got tired of all the drama, Alexis is not even a teenager. She is nineteen! He also behaves very much like Edward, in an emotionally immature, I-want-to-kill-you, but-I-love-you way. DNF
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I was honestly surprised by this writer and her paranormal world which existed on the premise of good and evil, Amadis and Deamoni, God and satan, This was an interesting perspective together with a griping storyline. I enjoyed watching the characters develop and the excitement and can't wait to see what happens in the next book of the series. I wasn't aware of Ms Cook but her writing and imagination has definitely caught my attention. ( )
  thicks | Nov 1, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoy books where the author tells a story that doesn't sound like something I read somewhere else, and I can never remember reading anything like this. I'll have to look into book 2. ( )
  MaryAlice411 | Feb 13, 2014 |
This book helped me to escape from the real world and for that I am greatful. I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know what was going to happen next.

Alexis is a 19 year old who says that her mother doesn't age. She has grown up without a father and has had to move frequently over the years.

As the story progresses you learn that Alexis is not a normal young adult, she is special and she has an uncanny ability to tell between good and evil. Her romance develops with a tall dark and handsome stranger. She has never felt like a normal girl, she didn't have boyfriends and due to her special abilities she was called a freak. The love that Alexis and Tristan share can be felt when you read the story.

Alexis's mother has withheld information about Alexis's past and her abilities, slowly her past and future are being revealed to her. I cannot say much without being a spoiler.

The writing in this book is inspiring. Kristie Cook is able to draw in the reader and keep your interest. It was easy to forget about the real world and stay with this book. ( )
  Budda1114 | Aug 5, 2013 |
For Shawn, Zakary, Austin and Nathan Cook
And for Chrissi Jackson
The sensation of being watched clung to me like a spider web, invisible threads bristling the back of my neck and down my spine.

Her life is full of promise…but not all promises can be kept.

When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can’t be real, she decides it’s time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family’s secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her façade of normalcy…until she discovers he’s not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel.

Their union brings hope and promise to her family’s secret society, the Angels’ army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy – Satan’s minions and Tristan’s creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.

New Adult Paranormal Romance ** Mature Content ** Recommended for ages 16+ due to sexual situations and language

Titles in the Soul Savers series:
Power: Book 4
Wrath: Book 5

First installment of the best-selling, award-winning Soul Savers Series

****

Alexis Ames has a life full of promise...but not all promises can be kept.

****

Over 150,000 Soul Savers books sold!

****

"This is an interesting story with no happily-ever-after, at least not yet...Tristan is a great tortured hero" 4 stars - RT Book Review

"A page-turner that keeps the reader spell-bound to the end, eager to discover what comes next" - The Charlotte Sun

****

When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can't be real, she decides it's time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family's secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her façade of normalcy...until she discovers he's not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel.

Their union brings hope and promise to her family's secret society, the Angels' army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy - Satan's minions and Tristan's creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.

****

"...completely blown away by the writing, story line, and characters..." - Jessica, Total Bookaholic

Mature Content Advisory--may not be suitable for younger readers

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:32 -0400)

Alexis Ames has a life full of promise.but not all promises can be kept. ***** 1st Place - 2010 Royal Palm Literary Award - Fantasy (Published) by Florida Writers Association "An exciting and fascinating fantasy of demons and angels, highly recommended" - Midwest Book Review "Promise is a book bursting at the seams - with an ending that'll leave you wanting more." - L. Reeves, A Life Bound by Books ".completely blown away by the writing, story line, and characters." - Jessica, Total Bookaholic ".definitely worth the time to pick up and enjoy." - BittenByBooks.com ***** When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can't be real, she decides it's time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family's secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her faade of normalcy.until she discovers he's not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel. Their union brings hope and promise to her family's secret society, the Angels' army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy -- Satan's minions and Tristan's creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell. ***** "It had me up late at night to 'just read another chapter'" - Author Jessica Bell "I would recommend this to anyone who has read Christine Feehan's Carpathian novels." - P.A. Fleming… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible