The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven: A…

The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven: A Remarkable Account of Miracles,… (2010)

by Kevin Malarkey, Alex Malarkey

Recently added byStMarkOceanPark, private library, lwilliams2468, OCClibrary, Moviegal, MaryAlice48

Good book about another little boy's trip to heaven. I already had read Heaven is for Real, so I was looking for some comparisons. There are similarities between the two, but this book focuses more on what the parents were going through. There is some description of heaven, which is similar to the other book. ( )
  jmcgarry2011 | May 9, 2014 |
I find I don't even really want to critique this book, so much as praise everything about it. The trauma that Alex endured in his accident was unbelievable, yet God decided he should live as a testament to God's miraculous power - and that is exactly what this book serves as. Furthermore, I also drew wisdom from the attitude of Alex's grandpa - that someone else is always in worse circumstances than I am, as well as the many excerpts from Kevin's pastor Robin Ricks, who provided a unique perspective filled with Biblical references.
The pictures in the middle of the book helped to give me a visual reference for what the Malarkey family endured, and the many quotes from others that were present as each event described in the book also helped to give a well-rounded view of all that was occurring.
What I loved most of all was how concerned Alex was that everyone realized that this was not about him, but about God. I find that I completely agree with one of the women in the book when she explained that she just could not feel sorry for this blessed boy. I also found it interesting that at one point Alex explained that he saw Don Piper in heaven, too, who wrote the book 90 Minutes in Heaven. Kevin showed the man's photo to Alex, to which Alex responded that he only saw him there for hour and half - so I will be reading that book next!
This book really was amazing to read. From everything I have learned about heaven from the Bible, I can't help but believe that the story this boy and his father tells is true. Reading about how each detail of their lives is watched over and taken care of with miraculous results can only give me hope in my own life and circumstances. ( )
  JacobsBeloved | Nov 25, 2013 |
I have always been a believer, but wow, this book really goes beyond proof. It is a very heart warming book. If a non-church goer reads this it could make one think about entering a church and listening. Loved it!!!
  lyn369 | Mar 5, 2013 |
A very similar account to "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo. Food for thought. Many of his descriptions of heaven are similar to my personal beliefs. ( )
  sharlene_w | Feb 24, 2012 |

Kevin Malarkeyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Malarkey, Alexmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Introduction:  We were made for so much more than the things of this world.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 141433608X, DVD)

Go inside the story of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven! This unique documentary gives you an up-close look at the fateful scene where Alex was injured, the hospital where he remained in a coma for over two months, the church community that rallied around his family, and life today in the Malarkey home. Hear what heaven was like, what Alex saw and experienced, and the ways God is still with him today. You’ll also see personal interviews with the Malarkey family, medical experts, EMT workers, pastors, and others who testify to the wonder of Alex’s story. Running time approximately 50 minutes. From the book description: In 2004, Kevin Malarkey and his six-year-old son, Alex, suffered an horrific car accident. The impact from the crash paralyzed Alex—and medically speaking, it was unlikely that he could survive. “I think Alex has gone to be with Jesus,” a friend told the stricken dad. But two months later, Alex awoke from a coma with an incredible story to share. Of events at the accident scene and in the hospital while he was unconscious. Of the angels that took him through the gates of heaven itself. Of the unearthly music that sounded just terrible to a six-year-old. And, most amazing of all . . . Of meeting and talking to Jesus. The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven is the true story of an ordinary boy’s most extraordinary journey. As you see heaven and earth through Alex’s eyes, you’ll come away with new insights on miracles, life beyond this world, and the power of a father’s love.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:27 -0400)

In 2004, the author and his six-year-old son, Alex, were in a horrific accident that left Alex paralyzed. When Alex awoke from a coma, not only had the most severe of his spinal injuries been healed without medical intervention, but he had an incredible story to share of entering heaven and meeting Jesus.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,475,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible