Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Bad Taste in Boys

by Carrie Harris

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers (jqtrotter)
    jqtrotter: THIS IS NOT A TEST isn't as funny and light hearted as BAD TEST IN BOYS, but they are both fast-pace YA zombie thrillers that don't have too much zombie action.

Future physician Kate Grable is horrified when her high school's football coach gives team members steroids, but the drugs turn players into zombies and Kate must find an antidote before the flesh-eating monsters get to her or her friends.
  lkmuir | Oct 26, 2015 |
Please read my full and original review at https://nerdybookaddict.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/bad-taste-in-boys/

I have nothing but great things to say about this book. I literally finished reading this story in just a few hours as I refused to put it down. I was very impressed I must say and i’m a huge critic and very picky when it comes to horror books. This particular book was different than other zombie stories that I have read in the past. Its not the typical, “OH MY GOD MUST SHOOT EVERYTHING!” There is an actual issue like any zombie story. This issue however is resolved by one typical high school girl. Her name is Kate. She is what you would call one of the nerds, the one who is an A+ student, and the one who would never, ever get into any kind of trouble. She has the usual boy crush, Aaron who is apart of the football team she assists with whenever they need some kind of medical attention. She is an aspiring doctor and wants to get any type of medical training she can. The characters in this story are very well developed and all have a part of something to help and find the ultimate cure for the disease that was found by Kate. This may be a horror story but it has a very comedic side as well. I literally found myself laughing out loud at more than several parts of the book. I don’t do that often so it is pretty obvious that this book can make almost anyone laugh! It’s pretty interesting when you find a book that is suppose to be serious in a way yet it has a funny side. Kate is a huge hero in this book, which is something that she had never imagined she would be, trying to save her whole high school of this terrible zombie plague. There is a sequel to this book called, Bad Hair Day and I absolutely can’t wait to get my hands on it. I highly suggest for any horror/zombie lover to get a copy of this book and read it! I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I have! ( )
  KristyKhaos | Jul 7, 2015 |
Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris is probably the most fun zombie book you'll read. Kate Grable dreams of being a doctor. One way she's working towards that is by being her high school football team's trainer. Everything's going fine until she finds out the coach is giving the team steroids.

Even worse than that? The steroids are turning the team into zombies. That's right: (even more) mindless, flesh-eating zombies. With everyone - from her brother, Jonah, her crush, Aaron, her friends, Kate, the rest of the students, everyone - in danger, Kate's going to have to find an antidote.

With time running out, Kate, Rocky (her best friend), Jonah, and Aaron will have to battle to save their town . . . or risk turning zombie.

What's great about Bad Taste in Boys is that while it is incredibly fun - and funny - it also has some serious plot points, it doesn't move entirely to satire to be funny. Funny books are great when they have enough serious to have a real story to them as well.

The relationship between Kate and her brother Jonah (not to mention Jonah's character on his own) is fantastic and a really amazing addition to the story.

Bad Taste in Boys is a short book, but the characters still feel very real. They're very well written and portrayed so that, even without pages of back story or other interaction between the characters, they all fit well together and are believable.

The only thing that did seem short or quick was how easily Kate accepted the zombies.

The humor in this story is great and the ideas are incredibly unique and also make a lot of sense - they don't just pop out of nowhere at the end.
  BookSpot | May 18, 2015 |
Fun light high school adventure with a zombie background. This was perfect for me, because I am not usually a zombie reader. There are no guns in this book. No one gets shot. The goal is to scientifically and medically help the zombies and prevent new infections, and discover the cause.

This story is more a teen detective story, with the zombies being the case that needs to be investigated. I enjoyed the science nerd young woman hero who saves the day. She works on saving the school as she works on getting a date to the homecoming dance.

I am looking forward to the future adventures of Kate. ( )
  SAGibson | Dec 3, 2014 |
Fast and silly read. Homecoming and Zombies......enough said. ( )
  TeamDewey | Apr 29, 2014 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,881,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible