Ghost Night (Bone Island Trilogy) by Heather…

Ghost Night (Bone Island Trilogy) (edition 2010)

by Heather Graham

Member:andrea.oldridge
Title:Ghost Night (Bone Island Trilogy)
Authors:Heather Graham
Info:Mira (2010), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages

Ghost Night by Heather Graham

A good enough book, although I thought I would have liked it more. It started with the murder of an actor and actress on the set of a slasher movie that was set on a small island named Haunt Island. Two years later, a documentary is being filmed about mysteries in Key West. Sean O’Hara and his best friend are making the documentary. Vanessa Loren, who was the filmmaker for the slasher movie, seeks out Sean and convinces him to explore the mystery of Haunt Island in his documentary and the unsolved murders that happened on her film set. She also asks Sean to hire her on to help with the documentary hoping to find answers as to who did the killings. There were interesting things in the story that I enjoyed--the great Key West setting, pirate legends, ghosts, the Bermuda Triangle. But the cast of characters just wasn’t all that exciting to me and I never found myself drawn into the story as much as I hoped I would be. I loved book 1 in the series, Ghost Shadow, but this one was just average. ( )
  PaulaLT | Oct 9, 2017 |
Two years ago, Vanessa Loren and her friend Jay Allen invested all their money in a historically based horror film that Vanessa wrote. On the final night of filming, they were horrified to discover that two of their actors had been brutally killed, their arms and legs removed, and their bodies posed in a scene from the movie.

Two years later she is hired as an assistant to film producer, Sean O'Hara. They are immediately attracted to each other. Sean knows that the supernatural is real, because he has his own household ghost, Bartholomew, who regularly participates in his conversations. While Sean is reluctant to believe everything Vanessa claims, he does know that for the past two years, other boats in the same area have disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

This is the second book in the Bone Island paranormal romantic suspense trilogy, following Ghost Shadow. While not a huge fan of this genre I thought it was entertaining, especially the scenes involving the ghost, Bartholomew. The author does a great job of fitting her story into the Key West timeline at the beginning of the book.
  Olivermagnus | Aug 9, 2017 |
This one was just as tedious and roll-eye boring as book 1. I definitely do not recommend this author's work. Two books, both a strain to get through. I forced myself page by page. ( )
  DLKeur | Jul 9, 2013 |
Second in the Bone Island trilogy, set in Key West. Enjoyed reading about familiar places. The characters spent a lot of time walking up and down Duval Street. Loved it. ( )
  dd196406 | Feb 21, 2011 |
Being the second book of the trilogy made very interesting. It was in the middle of the action and yet was still apart of the first book. It made me want to read the next book. ( )
  CaGr1208 | Jan 31, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778328155, Mass Market Paperback)

A slasher movie turns real when two young actors are brutally murdered on a remote island film set. Their severed heads and arms are posed in macabre homage to a nineteenth-century pirate massacre.

Two years later, survivor Vanessa Loren is drawn back to South Bimini by a documentary being made about the storied region. Filmmaker Sean O'Hara aches to see how the unsolved crime haunts her…and Sean knows more than a little about ghosts.

Lured by visions of a spectral figurehead, Vanessa discovers authentic pirate treasures that only deepen the mystery. Are the murders the work of modern-day marauders, the Bermuda Triangle or a deadly paranormal echo of the island's violent history? As Vanessa and Sean grow closer, the killer prepares to resume the slaughter…unless the dead can intervene.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:44 -0400)

"A slasher movie turn real when two young actors are brutally murdered on a remote island film set. Their severed heads and arms are posed in a macabre homage to a nineteenth-century pirate massacre. Two years later, survivor Vanessa Loren is drawn back to South Bimini by a documentary being made about the stories region. Filmmaker Sean O'Hara aches to see how the unsolved crime haunts her...and Sean knows more than a little about ghosts. Lured by visions of a spectral figurehead, Vanessa discovers authentic pirate treasures that only deepen the mystery. Are the murders the work of modern-day marauders, the Bermuda Triangle or a deadly paranormal echo of the island's violent history? As Vanessa and Sean grow closer, the killer prepares to resume the slaughter...unless the dead can intervene."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,506,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible