Leaf Man (Ala Notable Children's Books.…

Leaf Man (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards)) (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Lois Ehlert

8199811,095 (3.96)1
Member:vicmelen
Title:Leaf Man (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))
Authors:Lois Ehlert
Info:Harcourt Children's Books (2005), Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:***
Tags:leaf, man, wind, fall, meadows, river, science

Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert (2005)

Recently added bycesbooks, cesdemo

This is a story that follows the path of a collection of leaves that takes the shape of whatever the author ponders. As the author wonders about the location of the leaves, the leaves take the shape of whatever is being pondered. The leaves turn into vegetables, turkeys, and more.

This book is kind of fun but took me a minute to understand. I can't seem to pin point the message of the book. Perhaps it's about the uncertainty of life and the direction that it takes you, or maybe it has no meaning at all. But I think this book is a lot of fun. I chose to read this book because the child I nanny for is on the autism spectrum and I saw her school aid reading this to her. I wanted to check out the book to see why she chose this book to read but I can't figure it out. Overall, this book is fun. I could see myself having children make different art out of collected leaves. It's fun to try to find the picture on each page.
  ahle | Dec 4, 2016 |
I liked the creativity in using the leaves, but that's about it. I will say it would be a nice look through book in school if one's working on like a art project that involves leaves. ( )
  SydnieM | Dec 2, 2016 |
A fantastically illustrated book about the journey taken by the leaf man when Fall breezes arrive.
  michebee | Nov 2, 2016 |
I read this book to my class each year in first grade because we study trees. The children are always amazed at the images that are created by simply arranging the leaves. The book is interesting because the images are large on the page and the pages themselves are curved at the top rather than the standard rectangular shape. The story is a great mentor text for a leaf study and we always create our own Leaf Man with leaves that are collected from the school yard in the fall. ( )
  Chafkins | Sep 18, 2016 |
This fall story shows leaf man drifting along with the wind wherever it blows. There is beautiful fall scenery!
  LeahAlvey | Jul 27, 2016 |
Leaf Man used to live near me, in a pile of leaves.
A Leaf Man’s got to go where the wind blows.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152053042, Hardcover)

Fall has come, the wind is gusting, and Leaf Man is on the move. Is he drifting east, over the marsh and ducks and geese? Or is he heading west, above the orchards, prairie meadows, and spotted cows? No one's quite sure, but this much is certain: A Leaf Man's got to go where the wind blows.

With illustrations made from actual fall leaves and die-cut pages on every spread that reveal gorgeous landscape vistas, here is a playful, whimsical, and evocative book that celebrates the natural world and the rich imaginative life of children.

Includes an author's note and leaf-identifying labels.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

A man made of leaves blows away, traveling wherever the wind may take him. On die-cut pages.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,783,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible