Leaf Man (Ala Notable Children's Books.…

Leaf Man (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards)) (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Lois Ehlert

Member:kimbykunishige
Title:Leaf Man (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))
Authors:Lois Ehlert
Info:Harcourt Children's Books (2005), Hardcover, 40 pages

Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert (2005)

Recently added byprivate library, S_Trevor, grrebels, pcanoy, Cyndih, lisahoffa215, oprahj, NLCP

Leaf Man is about a pile of leaves that looks like a man. Leaf man gets flown away and travels wherever the wind takes him. The author likes leaves, and listed a bunch of different types and a story about picking up leaves as a kid in the back of a book. Great book for showcasing nature collages for an art project. ( )
  S_Trevor | Jun 12, 2017 |
A picture book made of leafs.
  pcanoy | May 26, 2017 |
Leaf man could be used with Kindergarten, first, or second grade as a read aloud book. The book can be used to teach main events. The leaves travel from place to place the main events are where the leaves travel, which is simple to understand. The book can be used in fourth grade to teach about leaves and changing of colors. First graders can use it as an independent reading book because it is a simple and short read.
  MeredithCox | Feb 13, 2017 |
This colorful story tells the tale of Leaf Man, who comes every autumn. Using real leaf images, readers are drawn into the bold and imaginative collage world of Lois Ehlert. Written in a poetic structure, this book is accessible for readers of all ages.

Teaching Connections: lyric analysis of the text, art lesson of creating leaf images with real leaves, nature walk to observe and collect real leaves from nature ( )
  EmmaNicolazzo | Dec 15, 2016 |
This is a story that follows the path of a collection of leaves that takes the shape of whatever the author ponders. As the author wonders about the location of the leaves, the leaves take the shape of whatever is being pondered. The leaves turn into vegetables, turkeys, and more.

This book is kind of fun but took me a minute to understand. I can't seem to pin point the message of the book. Perhaps it's about the uncertainty of life and the direction that it takes you, or maybe it has no meaning at all. But I think this book is a lot of fun. I chose to read this book because the child I nanny for is on the autism spectrum and I saw her school aid reading this to her. I wanted to check out the book to see why she chose this book to read but I can't figure it out. Overall, this book is fun. I could see myself having children make different art out of collected leaves. It's fun to try to find the picture on each page.
  ahle | Dec 4, 2016 |
Leaf Man used to live near me, in a pile of leaves.
A Leaf Man’s got to go where the wind blows.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152053042, Hardcover)

Fall has come, the wind is gusting, and Leaf Man is on the move. Is he drifting east, over the marsh and ducks and geese? Or is he heading west, above the orchards, prairie meadows, and spotted cows? No one's quite sure, but this much is certain: A Leaf Man's got to go where the wind blows.

With illustrations made from actual fall leaves and die-cut pages on every spread that reveal gorgeous landscape vistas, here is a playful, whimsical, and evocative book that celebrates the natural world and the rich imaginative life of children.

Includes an author's note and leaf-identifying labels.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

A man made of leaves blows away, traveling wherever the wind may take him. On die-cut pages.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,226,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible