Running Wild (Men from Battle Ridge, No 1)…

Running Wild (Men from Battle Ridge, No 1) (The Men from Battle Ridge) (edition 2012)

by Linda Howard, Linda Jones

124None96,716 (3.91)4
Member:Nicholette
Title:Running Wild (Men from Battle Ridge, No 1) (The Men from Battle Ridge)
Authors:Linda Howard
Other authors:Linda Jones
Info:Ballantine Books (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Tags:Early Reviewer Copy

Running Wild by Linda Howard

bought for the ultimate and wild challenges from the thrift store; Carlin is living off the grid, after a psycho cop she dates becomes obsessed with her, killing her friend who he mistakes for her. She lands outside of Battle Ridge Wyoming, as a housekeeper/cook for a very sexy rancher, Zeke. Zeke and Carly try to fight their attraction, since Carly knows she's not staying...only earning enough money to get to the next town. But being with Zeke makes her want to stop running, and a slip up by one of the acquaintances brings the deadly ex, Brad, to the towns' doorstep. ( )
  nancynova | Apr 12, 2014 |
3.75 stars

I feel like this has been done already, but it was entertaining. ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
I've been disappointed in most of Howard's recent releases. Though this isn't in the same league as some of her old favorites - Heart of Fire, etc - it was a major improvement over her other recent books.

The combination of Howard and Jones writing together works well, if this novel is anything to go by. For the first time in years I'm sorry the story ended. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Full Review to be posted soon:

Quick thoughts and mini review -

This is the second book written by Linda Howard and Linda Jones who I have both enjoyed their books in the past. Although with Howard, her recent stuff hasn't lived up to the promise of her older books and have been disappointing, but Running Wild showed elements of her classic tone and humour.
However while I enjoyed the glimpses of humour, snark and the sparring between Carlin and Zeke, there was something missing.

I was also not keen on the suspense part of the book, the villain was too cardboard cutout for me and I wished there was more expanding on that aspect especially in the beginning.

The pace was also pretty slow and it kind of bogged down in the beginning, and I think this affected the romantic tension which started off fantastically but petered out in the middle. However the story and romance picked up in the end but it never really reached the potential it could have been - which would have been a wonderful romance. But this is definitely much better than their first collaborative book Blood Born. ( )
  Has_bookpusher | Sep 20, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Linda Howard is one of my favorite authors. So when this book came up on Early Reviewers I had to requested it even though I had never heard of the co-author, Linda Jones. Carlin Reed is on the run from a crazed stalker who is trying to kill her. She ends up in a small town in Wyoming in the middle of nowhere. Zeke is a cowboy rancher in desperate need of a cook/housekeeper. While Carlin is not a cook she is willing to learn and work hard. The storytelling was good and it moved along very quickly and there was a little humor and a little suspense to spice it up a bit. I have not read many books with co-authors and wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleased to find that the story moved along very smoothly with no changes in writing styles.

I loved Carlin and Zeke and thought their relationship developed and grew at the right pace. The character development for the other ranch hands and townspeople was also well done. But for me this book was not Linda Howard's best. Doesn't come close to Mr. Perfect or Dream Man. But of course this was a collaboration and I really couldn't spot anything that actually sounded like Linda Howard's style. But it was enjoyable nonetheless and since I liked the other characters I'll probably be picking up the next book in the series. ( )
  reneebooks | Jun 30, 2013 |

Linda Howardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jones, Lindamain authorall editionsconfirmed

Carlin Reed lives in fear, off the grid, moving from place to place. So Battle Ridge, Wyoming, a small town in the middle of nowhere, seems like a good place to lie low for a while. But after becoming cook and housekeeper to cattle rancher Zeke Decker, Carlin suspects that she’s made her first mistake. Rugged, sexy, and too distracting for his own good, Zeke is pure temptation mixed with something deep and primal that makes Carlin feel almost safe. Soon things are getting way too hot in the kitchen.

Zeke doesn’t challenge Carlin’s terms: cash, dead bolts, and no questions. It is easy to see that she’s a woman in trouble. Problem is, he’s so blindsided by his attraction to her he can’t think straight. Zeke tries to stay all business, no complications—but that game plan is sabotaged the second Carlin gets under his skin. And when her terrifying past follows her to the ranch, Carlin faces a heartbreaking choice: run away from the man she loves, or put him in the crosshairs of a madman.

Carlin Reed, who is hiding from a murderous stalker, takes a job as cook and housekeeper to cattle rancher Zeke Decker and has trouble resisting her attraction to him, despite her worries about her past catching up to her.

192 wanted2 pay2 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Running Wild by Linda Howard was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,457,930 books! | Top bar: Always visible