Running Wild (Men from Battle Ridge, No 1)…

Running Wild (Men from Battle Ridge, No 1) (The Men from Battle Ridge) (edition 2012)

by Linda Howard, Linda Jones

Member:Nicholette
Title:Running Wild (Men from Battle Ridge, No 1) (The Men from Battle Ridge)
Authors:Linda Howard
Other authors:Linda Jones
Info:Ballantine Books (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Tags:Early Reviewer Copy

Running Wild by Linda Howard

Oh my goodness! This was flat out yummy! I loved Zeke and his inner thoughts were down right entertaining. When Carly arrives in Battle Ridge, she's hiding from a stalker. She meets Kat, Zeke's cousin, at her diner in town and takes a job as a waitress. They become fast friends, but Kat can't afford to keep Carly on during the winter months. So she takes it upon herself to find her another job. Meanwhile, Zeke's down one housekeeper and one wrangler at the ranch. Carly would be the answer to his Chief Cook and Bottle-washer problem if she was older and uglier.

This is a book that started off fast and the momentum never waned. The chemistry between Zeke and Carly was terrific. I love strong heroines. The good natured teasing between the ranch hands was endearing and I liked how they brought Carly into their extended family. Brad was pretty spooky and added a lot of suspense to the story.

I laughed, I cried, I worried and cheered the couple on. I'll be watching for more from this series! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Audiobook
Woman on the run from a seriously creepy and dangerous stalker, who happens to be a cop. She runs and is almost killed by this man and goes into deep hiding on a ranch in Wyoming. There she has to learn to be a cook, maid, and hardest of all trust. Which is something any girl would want with Zeek being the man to trust. She burns food, messes up cakes and muddles along. But can't seem to ever let her guard down. The cowboys on this ranch aren't quick to quit on her.
This was my first LInda Howard read and I enjoyed the heck out of it. The narration was fabulous and the slow had me glued to my headphones ! It's a sweet romance with a twisted feck as the evil villain. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Carlin Reed lives in fear, off the grid, moving from place to place. So Battle Ridge, Wyoming, a small town in the middle of nowhere, seems like a good place to lie low for a while. But after becoming cook and housekeeper to cattle rancher Zeke Decker, Carlin suspects that she’s made her first mistake. Rugged, sexy, and too distracting for his own good, Zeke is pure temptation mixed with something deep and primal that makes Carlin feel almost safe. Soon things are getting way too hot in the kitchen. ( )
  pallwardt | Dec 27, 2015 |
This romantic suspense was okay. The plot was interesting and the ending was exciting but most of the story moved kind of slow with the main characters ruminating about the same things over and over. I skimmed a lot. Carlin is running from crazy ex-boyfriend when she ends up in Wyoming and works as a cook for rancher Zeke.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Wonderful book but I always read Linda Howard books anyway plus I love cowboys. ( )
  gromine | Jul 2, 2014 |

Linda Howardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jones, Lindamain authorall editionsconfirmed

Zeke doesn’t challenge Carlin’s terms: cash, dead bolts, and no questions. It is easy to see that she’s a woman in trouble. Problem is, he’s so blindsided by his attraction to her he can’t think straight. Zeke tries to stay all business, no complications—but that game plan is sabotaged the second Carlin gets under his skin. And when her terrifying past follows her to the ranch, Carlin faces a heartbreaking choice: run away from the man she loves, or put him in the crosshairs of a madman.

Carlin Reed, who is hiding from a murderous stalker, takes a job as cook and housekeeper to cattle rancher Zeke Decker and has trouble resisting her attraction to him, despite her worries about her past catching up to her.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Running Wild by Linda Howard was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,869,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible