Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium

by Lauren Oliver

Series: Delirium (1)

Matched by Ally Condie (foggidawn)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Kerian)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (BeckyJG)
    Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Kerian, BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: In these intense dystopian novels, teenage girls start to question the life-changing operation their oppressive government mandates for teens. Both girls redefine their values and grapple with the possibility of escaping to a rebellious colony in the wilderness.… (more)
    Wither by Lauren DeStefano (BeckyJG)
    Across the Universe by Beth Revis (kaledrina)
    Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky (Kritik)
    Kritik: Dystopia
    Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin (keeneam)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)
    Girl Parts by John M. Cusick (kaledrina)
    Bumped by Megan McCafferty (kaledrina)
    A Very Private Life by Michael Frayn (atreic)
    atreic: Both these books have a teenage protagonist who breaks out of her distopian existance because they suddenly fall in love...

English (441)  German (3)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (447)
Lana enjoys the comfort and security Portland offers it's citizens in this new "cured" age. Love is a four letter word and an infection no one wants to catch. Lana tries to believe I her society as long as she can and battles with herself about what is right and what is true. When she meets Alex this battle becomes even more difficult. Her procedure to be cured is getting closer and she has to figure out what she wants to do. ( )
  Kay_Downing | Apr 28, 2016 |
SF knjiga, o jednom svijetu u buducnosti,na Zemlji u kojoj je ljubav bolest koja se lijeci posebnim tretmanima. I svi zele biti izlijeceni, a ne invalidi ljubavi. U tome svijetu zivi jedna djevojka Lena koja u periodu dok ceka da se izlijeci od ljubavi , upozna Aleksa i upozna samu Ljubav.Srusi sve kanone i pobjegne preko Zida, misleci dok trci...Mozete izgraditi zidove sve do neba, ali ja cu pronaci nacin da ih preletim. Mnogo nas je takvih,vise nego sto mislite. Ljudi koji odbijaju prestati vjerovati. Ljudi koji se odbijaju spustiti na zemlju. Ljudi koji vole u svijetu bez zidova, ljudi koji vole uprkos mrznji i odbijanju, koji se nadaju uprkos tome sto nade bas i nema, i koji su u tome neustrasivi. Volim te. Zapamti. Ne mogu mi to oduzeti...
Knjiga me je malo mucila ispocetka,ali na kraju me odusevila, nadam se uskorom nastavku price.. ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
This book was very intriguing. Love is a disease? How different than other dystopian books I've read...and yet just another way for the government to control it's people. Which makes it scary as well. I was confused at first since I read Annabel first, but it becomes clear what happened and I'm still glad to have read it in chronological order. The ending was rough. Heartbreaking and I had mega tears going on...but luckily I have the series all ready to read, so I just moved on to the next book. I definitely recommend this book to lovers of the genre. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Wow!! The concept of this book blows my mind. Lauren Oliver's imagination is amazing! She used way to many analogies, she was always comparing one thing to another. But that being said I loved it!!! It was different and interesting and I was holding my breath for the last couple of pages. I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy! ( )
  Tabatha014 | Mar 31, 2016 |
Holy cow, is all I can say. I don't know how to write a review of this book without writing spoilers, so I'll just say that you should definitely read this. This book wasn't anything like I thought it'd be and it's not anything like I usually read, but...I'm speechless. 5 stars. Good job, Oliver. ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |

Lauren Oliverprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Drew, SarahNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The most dangerous sicknesses are those that make us believe we are well.

--Proverb 42, The Book of Shhh
For all the people who have infected me with

amor deliria nervosa in the past--

you know who you are.

For the people who will infect me in the future--

I can't wait to see who you'll be.

And in both cases:

Thank you.
It has been sixty-four years since the president and the Consortium identified love as a disease, and forty-three since the scientists perfected a cure.

There was a time when love was the most important thing in the world. People would go to the end of the earth to find it. They would tell lies for it. Even kill for it.

Then, at last, they found the cure.

Now, everything is different. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Haloway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But then, with only ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable
Love is bad for you.
A cure is necessary.
Will Lena survive?
{wegc}

Lena looks forward to receiving the government-mandated cure that prevents the delirium of love and leads to a safe, predictable, and happy life, until ninety-five days before her eighteenth birthday and her treatment, she falls in love.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Delirium by Lauren Oliver was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,902,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible